• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 01:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 114
Total: 115

Stormy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, August 04, 2020, 07:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Barb, how are you making out with Isaias? I hope you and Bill are safe and dry.

I am currently under a tornado warning so I am hanging out in my basement/fishroom. The warning will last until 9:00 am but the rain and winds won't start dying down until 2:00 pm.

I did manage to get Kobe out for a decent walk in the rain before the winds started picking up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hello everyone...sorry to have missed a few days here....just got busy with stuff and didn't get to it...

...I'm currently contemplating setting up a rack with 5's and 10's in my aquarium room...
...drawbacks include:
          moving out a bookshelf and maybe my desk...
          more work in the form of water changes...
          feeding while away on trips...
          Linda being frustrated with me being in the aquarium room so much of my time...
...positives include:
          challenge and enjoyment of spawning and growing out fish and shrimp...
          extra chump change for the hobby...

...I'm sure you guys can come forth with your thoughts on this topic!... :D :D :D

...I hope you east-coasters are doing okay with the hurricane...my app shows it is 93 now and going to 108 today...going to stay in that range for the next few days...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi, we made it through OK.  It was a long hard night listening to the howling wind and pouring rain.  By 7am today it was gone.  We didn't lose power thank heavens.  I was up most of the night so I am tired today. No yard or house damage.  Hope you can say the same Willie.  I will be back later.
Barb

wsantia1

I am okay here in Delaware. I lost power a few times but for short periods of time. The storm has gotten by us now and the sun is trying to come out. We will stay breezy and in the 70s for the rest of the day. I may be able to get my two mile walk in after all.
Willie

Ron Sower

...GOOD FOR BOTH OF YOU...! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 04, 2020, 12:57:16 PM
I am okay here in Delaware. I lost power a few times but for short periods of time. The storm has gotten by us now and the sun is trying to come out. We will stay breezy and in the 70s for the rest of the day. I may be able to get my two mile walk in after all.

Somehow I forgot to mention that there were two tornados that touched down and missed me. I know that one was within 10 miles of me.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 04, 2020, 04:31:53 PM

Somehow I forgot to mention that there were two tornados that touched down and missed me. I know that one was within 10 miles of me.
...too close for comfort if you ask me!...I know you didn't, but...just saying! ;) ;) ;) ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 04, 2020, 04:37:43 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 04, 2020, 04:31:53 PM

...too close for comfort if you ask me!...I know you didn't, but...just saying! ;) ;) ;) ...

You are right about that.  huh
Willie