• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 125
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

Good Sunday Morning

Started by wsantia1, August 02, 2020, 06:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I woke up to an early morning T-Storm but that all all clear now and I was able to get my early morning two mile walk with Kobe done. Thest rest of the day is going to be hot and humid with possible T-Storms in the evening.

I am already in the fishroom putzing around but soon I will be going to the store to pick up some distilled water, green beans and zucchini.

Water changes are on tap for all tanks but the 150.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie, and Liz and Ron later on.  Let me know how your shrimp like green beans, and I think they might like a little piece of cooked zucchini.  I saw a pic the other day, Shrimp forum, of shrimp eating a piece of watermelon, they were swarming all over it.

Hot and humid here as we await Isaias to arrive late tomorrow, oh goody.
Barb

BallAquatics

Afternoon all.  Finally a cool day here in central Ohio.  Rain last night so it should be a good day to do some weeding in the garden...  maybe a bike ride later this afternoon too.  Have a great day folks!

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 02, 2020, 11:57:03 AM
Afternoon all.  Finally a cool day here in central Ohio.  Rain last night so it should be a good day to do some weeding in the garden...  maybe a bike ride later this afternoon too.  Have a great day folks!

Dennis

Hi Dennis.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I worked from 6 am until 3 when I took a 45 minute break for my back.  Started with spraying 6 gallons of round up to define the line between the grass and the lawn. Went to the store and cooked the most wonderful Chinese sticky, hot, sweet chicken thighs with boiled rice and steamed broccoli instead of green beans.  The store was out of them! Did a mountain of dog laundry while working on the other things, hanging it to dry and bringing it in and folding it.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it was really a full day. 

WC at 4 and I'll take a bath and sit outside and enjoy nature before getting into bed with a good book.  I miss the beer, but what I really get to missing strongly is nicotine.  The cravings will pass eventually.  I keep thinking of the money I'll save by not feeding my addictions.  I'm quite fond of water but after I work outside doing physical stuff I really enjoy something dry and fizzy to drink.  I've been drinking ginger ale but it's too sweet.  I looked into making my own ginger beer.  It seems easy enough.  When I run out to ginger ale I'll make it add only the amount of sugar that tasted right to me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on August 02, 2020, 11:36:15 AM
Good afternoon Willie, and Liz and Ron later on.  Let me know how your shrimp like green beans, and I think they might like a little piece of cooked zucchini.  I saw a pic the other day, Shrimp forum, of shrimp eating a piece of watermelon, they were swarming all over it.

Hot and humid here as we await Isaias to arrive late tomorrow, oh goody.
Barb

Hey Barb Isaias is going to be bearing down on you guys on Tuesday. 35 miles from the coast is still kind of close. Be careful and stay safe.  We will get some remnants of it Tuesday night. I tried the green beans but my shrimp didn't go for it yet.

They might not have been hungry since they have a few molts that they are feeding on and I gave them a load of shrimp food. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I steamed a few of the more tender broccoli stems when I did my flouretts.  Since I wasn't able to get green beans I'm going to try those tomorrow instead just for fun.
Always move forward. Never look back.