• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:49:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 136
Total: 137

Thursday and cold

Started by Barb, February 10, 2022, 06:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Willie, Ron and Liz and any other of you here.  I missed yesterday, spent awhile last night typing out a message here and poof it was all gone before I could post it. So irritating.  I had a busy day yesterday, the best part of it was to find my mom on the mend.  She is in a great nursing home, right next to her apt. complex.  She is recovering fast, even walking with her walker already, after 4 days flat on her back in the hosptial. Medical care in my city is beyond great, the hosp. is one of the 5 best in the state, and there are many large cities with big hosptials in NC.  She may go home in a couple weeks.

Another busy day of garden club stuff for me today, hope you all have something fun/good to do today.
Barb

Ron Sower

Good morning Barb, et. al....

So happy for you Liz, that your Mom's doing better...and how convenient that she's so close to her home!...

Looks like today we may reach 80 with sunshine...

We have a couple coming over to play Samba this afternoon...we were at their house earlier this week and learned their favorite card game called Dirty Board...there is a game board withe pegs...the cards tell you how you move your pegs to "home!...similar to Parcheesi or Pollyanna...

Yesterday afternoon I went over to my LFS pick up my order of plants that have been floating from airport to airport and stuck in Indy for a week...most were mush and so were the store owner's...he was throwing all his out, and I said I could bring some if them back...his employee said I couldn't. So, he bet her I could...the bet is that if I can save at least one plant she'd have to strip for him for 2 weeks!!! Strip female Peacock African Cichlids of their mouth-brooding eggs, of course!... :D :D.    Last night Stan came over to get some Blackworms and he helped me sort and cleaned the plants up...almost $700 wholesale worth of plants were in that box...a lot of which are Java ferns that I trimmed the wilted leaves from and will grow out the rhizome...

I'm finally getting the first 75g setup in the game room where I want it...it's the Raibowfish tank...I've put together fish with variations of the same color of orange/red...I need to work the plants a little more, but it's getting there...

I guess I'd better get off my duff and we go clean the house a little bit...

Make it a nice day, folks...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Pic of rainbow tank with evening light phase of Finnex 24/7 lighting...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning everyone.  Ron, it's Barb's mother who's in a nursing home.  My mother died 40 years ago.

I was lazy yesterday and just didn't have anything to say.  Today I'll put sealer on my on the floors that go into my fish room so I need to get WC done first.  The other is a hallway that leads from the living room to my bedroom and office. 

Humana emailed me yesterday and my Tramadol won't arrive until the 16th.  I only have enough left to get me through today.  I called my doctor's office and told his nurse the situation.  I know that Dr. Beaman is very careful about prescribing narcotics but this must not be the first time this has happened because she said he's probably do it.  I hope so.  If not I'll be spending tomorrow through the 16th mostly in bed.  They will get back to me this afternoon.

While I'm in town hopefully picking up my pain meds I'll go to the grocery store for a coffee and a few other things.  I also need to go to the hardware store for more floor sealer.  I hope they have it.  If not I'll get it from Amazon.  I don't want to have to walk all over Lowes to buy it.  Walking wears me out.

Willie, I hope you have something happy and exciting going on.  Seems that Ron is the only one having fun here lately.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Ron, Liz and everyone. Ron I love that tank. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Barb I am so happy to hear that your mom is on the mend. Hopefully she will be well enough to go home soon.

It is sunny out and the temp will get up to 55 degrees but we will have wind gust from the south hitting 30 mph so it will feel a lot colder.

I am expecting an overnight shipment of Green Dragon Snots. These are the short finned ones because I was too late to get the long finned ones. They were half the price of the long finned ones so I was able to get more of these. They should arrive between 12 and 4 PM.

Just finishing up on my water changes. Due to the cold weather which means extra cold water, I now do half of the fishroom on one day and and the other half the following day. It's easier on me too.

Liz I hope your doctor approves your meds. I was stupid a couple of weeks ago when my doctor asked me if I needed my Tramadol refilled and I said no. I said no because I had enough to last me until my next appointment on the 22nd. I didn't want him to think that I was abusing them. That was stupid. He's been treating me for 8 years and he knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't take advantage of a situation.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, It's 70 here but the cold will hit Sunday.  I wish you had gotten your script refilled.  It looks like I'll be spending most of my time in bed.  My family doctor won't give it to me any more because as a family practice he's under greater scrutiney when it comes to narcotics.  I called my former pain doctor to ask if he could do it for me but I doubt it.  Medical cannabis was approved here in Mississippi but I it will take until the end of the year before the dispenseries are up and running.  I think that since I'm peeing positive with pot that comes from my garden rather than a dispensery he won't be able to write a script for Tramadol for me.  May be it won't be as bad as I'm afraid. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Sorry about the name mixup, Liz and Barb wfwf....I certainly know it's your Mom in recuperation, Barb...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron