• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 155
Total: 157

Happy Rainy Friday

Started by wsantia1, July 31, 2020, 06:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yes I am happy because it rained a lot overnight and we will have off and on rain scheduled throughout the day. Also, our high temps will top out in the low to mid 80s which will bring us welcomed relief from the heat. :)

I am also happy that all of my new yellow shrimp are still kicking and eating though they do stop and stare at me when I put my face to the glass. They must think I'm a predator but I only eat "Jumbo Shrimp".  :D

I did fail to mention that I also got 4 medium sized albino platinum angels to add some diversity to the 5 original ones that I bred from Liz's line of P/S Plats. That's a project that I am going to enjoy. :)

My only concern at the moment are the snails which I always have a hard time telling if they are alive or not except for the MLS and Bladder snails. huh

Anyhow I wish everyone has a great Friday and I'll be peeking in throughout the day. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, glad to hear you got the rain I sent you!  Now we sit here and wait for a hurricane to hit us Mon or Tues.  Just what I don't need.  Nobody needs it.  I will make sure my generator works well, our SIL visits tomorrow and he and I can check it.  I have plenty of gas for it.

Glad your yellow shrimp are good.  Someday I want blue, red, yellow and green, all in separate tanks of course.  I don't know what a bladder snail looks like, will look it up.  I always liked Nerites, except for white eggs all over the tanks they were in.  My only snails here are a few Assassins in 2 tanks.  I like them.  Have a good day in your fishroom,
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 31, 2020, 11:11:28 AM
Hi Willie, glad to hear you got the rain I sent you!  Now we sit here and wait for a hurricane to hit us Mon or Tues.  Just what I don't need.  Nobody needs it.  I will make sure my generator works well, our SIL visits tomorrow and he and I can check it.  I have plenty of gas for it.

Glad your yellow shrimp are good.  Someday I want blue, red, yellow and green, all in separate tanks of course.  I don't know what a bladder snail looks like, will look it up.  I always liked Nerites, except for white eggs all over the tanks they were in.  My only snails here are a few Assassins in 2 tanks.  I like them.  Have a good day in your fishroom,
Barb

Very short video of my yellows.

Willie

Barb

What a beautiful yellow.  Hope you have a colony soon.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 31, 2020, 03:42:14 PM
What a beautiful yellow.  Hope you have a colony soon.
Barb

Thanks Barb.
Willie

Ron Sower

...got home from Sedona tonight at 9pm...it was a nice, but warm vacation...all fish are fine, shrimp look good...yesterday Stan came in and fed them measured food packets I made up...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Willie, they are beautiful.  How many did you get.  I didn't have the foresight to put black gravel in the tank.  Mine are on light brown gravel so they are not nearly as photogenic as yours.  And most of mine are playing among the plants.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 01, 2020, 11:20:42 AM
Willie, they are beautiful.  How many did you get.  I didn't have the foresight to put black gravel in the tank.  Mine are on light brown gravel so they are not nearly as photogenic as yours.  And most of mine are playing among the plants.

Thanks Liz. I ordered 15 but I only got 14 and 2 were DOA. At the $1.69 wholesale price I got them for I am not going to complain. Most of them are in the plants and hanging out by the sponge filter today. I love their their color and they appear to be young.
Willie