• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

It's Monday Once Again

Started by wsantia1, July 27, 2020, 07:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. I was AWOL yesterday but I did peek in at one point and then I got distracted by something else and never made it back.

It's going to be very hot and humid once again. It is already in the 80s and it is not quite 8:00 am. No evening storms to cool us off later either.

Today I have to get water changes done and then I need to move some things around in the fishroom. Tomorrow is garbage pickup so it's time to get rid of a few things that are just taking up space down there.

Wishing everybody a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning everyone.  It's cooler today but still humid with occasional thunder storms from that hurricane.  I'll be making a corned beef today.  First I have to go to the store to pick up some vegetables that are out of season for me to grow myself.  It needs to cook low and slow for 4 to 5 hrs.  I may be able to get some mowing in if I get lucky with the rain.

It was such a delight to walk in the office this morning and see the 2 beautiful  tanks I cleaned up yesterday.  I had forgotten how lovely they can be.  My only problem is those damn MTS.  The assassin snails will only eat them to save themselves from starvation.   Anyone have any suggestions?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Ron.  Liz, I have heard to put a big Romaine lettuce leaf in the tank at night.  In the morning it should be covered with snails, just take it out and add to your compost pile, under dirt.  Keep doing it until they are gone.  Also can try other vegetables like cucumber or zucchini, but I know lettuce works, maybe spinach leaves too.  Just take it out early in the morning before the snails go back to wherever they live.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Well, I know now, after I got back from the supermarket.  I have the iceberg that I got for BLT's but no romaine.  I'll try it anyway.  I'll give zucchini a try if the iceberg doesn't work.
Always move forward. Never look back.