• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:01:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Still hot and bone dry Sunday

Started by Barb, July 26, 2020, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, gee do I ever want rain!!  If my garden was all cactus it would be fine now, but I have flowers that need regular water, and too many to hose or sprinkler water.  Our son and his lovely girlfriend (we hope they will get married one day) are visiting today.  We are all masked up and socially distant. Yesterday our daughter and her husband visited.  It was really nice to have them here.

Our son in law loves my beautiful turquoise discus and our daughter wants a planted shrimp tank someday!!  I think I will make them one for Christmas time.  Shrimp, not discus.  What do you all think?
Barb

LizStreithorst

That's a great idea, Barb.  Give her the reds.  I think they do the best with the "no care" type of tank she likes.

I've been working on tanks all morning and in to the afternoon.  I did a huge cleaning and WC on my 30 shrimp tank in the office.  Even cleaned the Matten filter which is kine of a pain.  I did the same with the 125 Rainbow tank plus a lot of pulling jungle val,\
and sponge squeezing which was long overdue.  I cut about half off the amazon sword in there.  Suddenly the tank no longer looks overcrowded.

Down in the fish room I did the same big clean and plant pruning on the 100 with the stupid Platy's in it.  Then I got the 2 shrimp tanks ready for the new arrivals.  I'll be down there in a few more hours again doing my normal WC.

We've been hot and humid on and off with rain from that hurricane that his Texas.  God help me.  The lawn needs mowing again.  I do enjoy it once I get started and I know it makes my back stronger somehow.  It's been a while since I've picked up the chain saw.  I like the results but the work itself is punishing to my back.  I know I'll get back to it because it's weighing on my mind.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

....the topic kinda threw me....this is Sunday...I think!...

...met up with my shrimp guy who gave me some shrimp food.../that Nug Bugs or whatever looks like Weed!...

...Also met up with a guy who bought my Zoomed 50 gallon low boy tank that I never set up and is still in the box...

...that's about  all I did today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron