• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 03:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Shrimp Talk

Started by Ron Sower, July 23, 2020, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'll be going to the store tomorrow.  I can't wait to try it.  And...I'm looking forward to eat what's left over.  Next year I'll grow some.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...The Bloody Mary shrimp tank is still producing...I'll bet, counting all the little ones as well, that I have 150-200 still...one of the females has just un-berried herself!... |^|

...The blue shrimps are getting prolific now as well...in another month, I'll have to start thinning them out... |^|

...I should have ordered my breeding stock of yellows by now, but have been little covered up with stuff... :(

...Liz, the yellows you got from your guy....are they true breeding?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

yes, they are.  He has some gold back yellows that are nice, too.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 04, 2020, 02:32:23 PM
yes, they are.  He has some gold back yellows that are nice, too.
...I will contact him and see what we can do...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Do me a little favor and let him know that I recommended him to you.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 04, 2020, 05:39:11 PM
Do me a little favor and let him know that I recommended him to you.
...absolutely! |^| |^| |^|...I always let people know who referred me to them....being in sales most of my life, I found that that is the best form of advertising and I value a customer referral like I would gold...! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Shrimp don't like cooked carrot. Their favorite food so far is the Nug Bomz that look like weed.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks for letting me know, Barb. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on August 05, 2020, 05:53:05 AM
Shrimp don't like cooked carrot. Their favorite food so far is the Nug Bomz that look like weed.
Barb
...my blues and bloodies clean the Nug Bomz up like nobody's business... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My shrimp like the nug bombs and Hakari algae wafers best.  It's mostly the BN that devour blanched veggies.

wsantia1

I found shrimp shrimp disease chart on FB.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I have learned over the years with Discus that some parasites and viruses come from Asian imports.  When I buy shrimp I like buying from domestic breeders.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 06, 2020, 05:59:28 PM
I have learned over the years with Discus that some parasites and viruses come from Asian imports.  When I buy shrimp I like buying from domestic breeders.
...my local shrimp guru said exactly the. Same thing!...he always buys US grown...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 05, 2020, 02:04:56 PM
My shrimp like the nug bombs and Hakari algae wafers best.  It's mostly the BN that devour blanched veggies.

I gave my shrimp Shrimp King complete and they loved it. I was becoming concerned about the yellow because they didn't appear to be eating and I lost 3 of them. Well they stayed on that one pellet and devoured it to my satisfaction. I am now waiting for my Nug Bomz. The package is in the mail and I am expecting it  tomorrow. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...sorry about the shrimp loss, Willie....did you get the Nug Bomz yet?...my guys devour it...
...I ordered some yellows from Erik Lucas and he'll ship Saturday to arrive Monday....really excited to get them...
...I bought the rack for the shrimp tanks today at Homely Despot...trading a fellow board member 25 Bloody Marys for a 5g tank and light tomorrow morning...

...I'll be putting the rack together this weekend and moving the tanks onto it....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron