• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 227
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 242
Total: 242

Shrimp Talk

Started by Ron Sower, July 23, 2020, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 24, 2020, 12:02:07 AM
...Liz...my friend has them...he wants to know how many...

I'd like between 12 and 20 but I don't expect to be able to afford them until next month.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2020, 07:38:55 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 24, 2020, 12:02:07 AM
...Liz...my friend has them...he wants to know how many...

I'd like between 12 and 20 but I don't expect to be able to afford them until next month.
...I'lll let him know...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I think I'm going to buy from the Aquabid guy.  I can tell that he is very serious about breeding shrimp.  Don't know for sure though...I just sent him an email.  He's in FL so shipping won't be so bad and they will likely arrive a day before your friend's from AZ.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2020, 02:36:43 PM
I think I'm going to buy from the Aquabid guy.  I can tell that he is very serious about breeding shrimp.  Don't know for sure though...I just sent him an email.  He's in FL so shipping won't be so bad and they will likely arrive a day before your friend's from AZ.
okay
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Just bought them.  2 bucks each plus 15 shipping.  Not a bad deal.  I put it on my credit card ::)

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Will you be buying some from your friend?  It would be nice to swap some down the line if we get to feeling that we need new blood.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2020, 06:10:16 PM
Just bought them.  2 bucks each plus 15 shipping.  Not a bad deal.  I put it on my credit card ::)

That was a good deal. I'll probably be buying some soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 24, 2020, 06:36:06 PM
Will you be buying some from your friend?  It would be nice to swap some down the line if we get to feeling that we need new blood.
...Probably...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My Aquabid guy is called fastjeepguy if you want to check him out.  If you decide to buy from him let him know that I recommended him to you here on the forum.

Barb, you might want to check him out, too.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 25, 2020, 09:34:32 AM
My Aquabid guy is called fastjeepguy if you want to check him out.  If you decide to buy from him let him know that I recommended him to you here on the forum.

Barb, you might want to check him out, too.
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm so bad.  I shouldn't be buying stuff right now, but I am weak.  I decided that if I were going to hell I might as well have fun and go in a hand basket.  I just asked Scott, my shrimp man if I could put his red rili shrimp in a tank of baby snots.  I don't see why not...If he says it's no problem I'll have I'll buy the auction and have him put it in the same shipment as my yellows he will ship Monday.  All I lack is the emerald greens but I don't have a tank for them unless I stick them in a 10 gallon.  Besides I haven't found a source for them.

LizStreithorst

My guy said they would be fine with the baby snots and will add them to my order.  He gave me 5 buck of the AB price and no extra charge for shipping.

Barb

Wow Liz, you are doing great with shrimp.  Going down in a handbasket made me laugh.  I never used to know the joy of these little shrimp.  I still can't find out how long a life they have, and how often a female can hatch out a bunch of eggs.  And how often do they molt?  Any of you know??
Barb

LizStreithorst

I have no clue.  All I know is that they make more than enough babies to replace the ones that die.

This morning I did a big clean on the 2 tanks I'll be putting my new shrimp in.  I even found enough poret foam to make a filter for one of the 29s.  I'm gonna have to take the rainbows I'm growing out before I can start a search for emerald greens.