• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:04:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

Shrimp Talk

Started by Ron Sower, July 23, 2020, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...the bloody mary shrimp I got from Stan are reproducing like crazy now and I have been selling, trading and giving a bunch away...Friend Stan is no longer interested in BMs so I picked up all he had left from him...I got my original start from him...

...I noticed that the color in his was more solid and intense...I feed mine mostly different fish foods that I have, with emphasis on Spirulina flakes which they jump on...so I asked him what he feeds his and he told me the brands...they are all especially made/marketed for shrimp...I'm going to order some and see if, over time, they all have the same intensity of color...

...I'm doin the same with my tank of blue neos too...but the younger ones actually seem to have more and deeper blue than the originals...

...what are you folks feeding your shrimp...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I use Hakari Algae wafers and Nug Bombs.  The Nug Boms are made for shrimp.

Tell us what you ordered for yours.  I'm all ears.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 23, 2020, 02:18:34 PM
"I'm all ears.", said Ross Perot in a debate while running for president.  True...I heard him!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

..Stan feeds them Bacter AE, Shrimp King Complete, and Hikari Shrimp Cuisine...
...a fellow in our club is building a commercial shrimp sale business....we got our original BMs from him...I'm going to ask him what he feeds....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...the other guy I was mentioning says, "I feed all kinds of stuff. Main staples are nug bombs from Danqautics and started using Plamski a lot. Mainly his shine and protein.... I also feed leafs and snowflake if I'm going to be gone for a while." ...so there you go....looks like you're on the right track Liz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It was Barb who convinced me to try the Nug Bombs.

Ron Sower

...I've got some on the way...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Since I am the newbie in this arena I looked for shrimp specific food after a few failures getting started. For the time being I am feeding Bacter AE and and Shrimp King Snow Pops. They are killing this stuff.

I am going to order some Nug Bomz. I was looking for Nug Bombs and kept ending up on insecticide pages. Finally found the right site. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2020, 05:05:25 PM
Since I am the newbie in this arena I looked for shrimp specific food after a few failures getting started. For the time being I am feeding Bacter AE and and Shrimp King Snow Pops. They are killing this stuff.

I am going to order some Nug Bomz. I was looking for Nug Bombs and kept ending up on insecticide pages. Finally found the right site. lol
...Me too!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My fault.  Sorry...

Either of you guys know where I can get yellow neo's?  I have a 20 gallon available.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 23, 2020, 05:55:45 PM
My fault.  Sorry...

Either of you guys know where I can get yellow neo's?  I have a 20 gallon available.

I wish I did. Let me know if you find out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

There's a guy I just found on AB.  Take a look at his shrimp auctions.  From what I can see he's a very good breeder.  I can't buy anything until I get my SS check without making myself have to suffer.

Ron Sower

...Liz...my friend has them...he wants to know how many...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good thread Ron!!  I will read it all when I have time, very busy here right now.  Liz, save some yellows for me, I will take a few red and yellow from you some time.  My plan is to have 4 small tanks of primary color shrimp, red, blue, green and yellow.  All lined up on one big stand.   Or I could have a "skittles" tank I see pics of at the shrimp forum.  But prefer single color tanks.
Barb

Barb

I think I got shrimp first.  I received about 4 cherries in a small bag of Lime Green Endlers I got from a guy in Texas at least 10 yrs ago.  Maybe longer.  I think I sent some to Liz when I had lots.  A few years ago I had a tank with what seemed to be thousands of them.  So many I had to dump many.  Felt bad about it. Now I have none.  My Endlers ate all of them.  Now shrimp only tanks.
Barb