• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Thursday afternoon

Started by LizStreithorst, July 23, 2020, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon all.  I'm on a house cleaning binge.  My kitchen is spotless with all cabinets cleaned, the kitchen windows washed, etc.  Now it's time for lunch but I don't want to make my BLT that I've been looking forward to because the bacon will spatter grease on the spotless beauty of my stovetop.  I hope everyone else has problems of this magnitude to deal with today.

Time to feed lunch to the fish.  It won't get the fish room dirty and if something happens that makes it dirty, it's already so dirty I won't be able to tell.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and all. I'm feeling really lazy today. I have done absolutely nothing but walk my dog. It is another very hot and humid day like it's been since last week. We did get T-Storms last night and my grass and flowerbed loved it.

They say we may get a break tonight but not for long. Last year we had very few days above 90 degrees. 

Hope everyone stays cool.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Liz, I had to LOL at the comment about not cooking bacon!  :D :D :D....I feel the same way about our glass top stove...they are a bit of trouble to keep clean...

...speaking of cleaning the kitchen, we got up and cleaned the fridge immediately after her coffee and my cereal...had a bunch of leftovers to dump...it's interesting...I was raised with the axiom of you don't waste any food, so leftovers were just a part of our life...Linda was raised never eating leftovers...her Dad said they would never have to, and so they didn't...she still doesn't very often...so you can imagine that that might cause a little stress between us occasionally...! :(

...looks like all of us are getting a late start today...

...I think I need to straighten up a few things in the shed today...then later we're going to trade some shrimp for plants with a friend in Gilbert (30 minute drive) and have a hotdog at one of the specialty dog houses in the area...I probably ought to do a WC on the cichlid tank and ucy's 24g tank...

...I'm going to start a Shrimp Talk thread here...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 23, 2020, 02:06:45 PM
...Liz, I had to LOL at the comment about not cooking bacon!  :D :D :D....I feel the same way about our glass top stove...they are a bit of trouble to keep clean...

...speaking of cleaning the kitchen, we got up and cleaned the fridge immediately after her coffee and my cereal...had a bunch of leftovers to dump...it's interesting...I was raised with the axiom of you don't waste any food, so leftovers were just a part of our life...Linda was raised never eating leftovers...her Dad said they would never have to, and so they didn't...she still doesn't very often...so you can imagine that that might cause a little stress between us occasionally...! :(

...I think I need to straighten up a few things in the shed today...then later we're going to trade some shrimp for plants with a friend in Gilbert (30 minute drive) and have a hotdog at one of the specialty dog houses in the area...I probably ought to do a WC on the cichlid tank and ucy's 24g tank...

That's a great idea Ron. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 23, 2020, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 23, 2020, 02:06:45 PM

That's a great idea Ron. |^| |^| |^|
...Thanks, Willie...I think it's good because we're all relatively new in this part of the hobby....except Liz, maybe...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well yes, but I don't pay as much attention to mine and all of y'all do.  I just want to crank them out so I can take them to the LPS.  I hate that my blues got that damn parasite but I believe I have it cleared up as best as it can be cleared up.  They've had salt dips, and I just now finished a 7 day Paraguard treatment.  If I see it starting to show it's evil white head some time in the future I'll try Prazi.

I can only keep neo's because my water temps and parameters are what they are and I'm not willing to change them.  I do have the hots for some yellow's though. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Here I am, late.  Will check in tomorrow and send you pm's.
Barb

Barb

I think I got shrimp first.  I received about 4 cherries in a small bag of Lime Green Endlers I got from a guy in Texas at least 10 yrs ago.  Maybe longer.  I think I sent some to Liz when I had lots.  A few years ago I had a tank with what seemed to be thousands of them.  So many I had to dump many.  Felt bad about it. Now I have none.  My Endlers ate all of them.  Now shrimp only tanks. 
Barb