• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 119
Total: 120

Hotter Monday

Started by wsantia1, July 20, 2020, 08:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning folks. Today will be even hotter than yesterday here. It is currently 87 degrees and we have a good chance of seeing 100F later this afternoon. The feels like temp is already 100. We have a 20% chance of a T-Storm later but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm probably gonna be inside the rest of the day but at least I was able to get Kobe to the park before the sun was fully up.

Keep cool everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, ditto for our weather here.  Exact same.  Feels like 100 already.  I will be inside today or in the car with the AC blasting.  Need to take my  mom for an appt. and we will eat our lunch in the car with the AC on.  I usually keep windows open at meal time in the car.  Not today.  You all be careful out there, especially you Liz, you know what I mean.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Same weather here.  Seems that it's been like this forever.  Despite my good intentions I'm going to take it easy today.  I may get the load of mulch spread or may not.  First I'm going to the feed store to spend all my hard earned on the horse, then to the beer store to spend what ever I have left so I can stay hydrated.  Barb, just to keep you happy I'm going to drink a glass of water now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hello all...106 now & going to 108...usually goes higher than my app predicts...

...been busy morning....ha a fellow come by to estimate leveling our home and cleaning the ducts...had a pressure "sale" going on if we agree now...but wouldn't give us a written quote....he wasted an hour of his time...ours too, I guess, but we don't have to make a living - he does!...don't like high pressure stuff...I've never sold that way and don't appreciate those that try to do >:(...

...well... I put an add on the local FB Market Place trade page to sell Tweety Bird and got instant responses...bunches of them...sold it to the first lady that came to see it within 1/2 hour...!  Must have priced it right!  |^| |^| |^|

...got a few more things to sell in the next few days...hope they move as well as the Jeep...!

...time for WC now...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, good for you, Ron.  Did you tell the lady Tweety Bird's name.

I'm the same as you about pressure sales tactics.  If they push me, they loose a sale.  The correct tactic is to be caring (or appear to be) but be willing to loose me if I can't handle their price.

I guess I must have needed a day of being worthless because all I could manage was the feed store, the grocery store, the beer/nicotine store, and my daily WC in the fish room.  Every time I went outside I was hit by the heat and humidity.  It wasn't any hotter than it was yesterday but it's knocked me out.  Tomorrow it will be 80 at 7 am.  I'll give it a try, at least get started, but I doubt I'll pick up the chain saw.  I may try out the new pruning shears I got at the feed store, though. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Linda had made Tweety Bird decals with her Cricut machine that we put on the Jeep, plus I left an 18" tall stuffed Tweety Bird in the back window for her...Her daughter is going to use the car to drive to school this year...if there is school!  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron