• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 09:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 162
Total: 163

Saturday, top o' the morning to you

Started by LizStreithorst, July 18, 2020, 09:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I should have made myself get started earlier.  I didn't get out until 8:30 and didn't check the temp first.  I know that at 9:30 it's already up to 88 with the heat index at 98 and I'm out in the sun, to boot.  No way I can work in that.

I decided not to try the chain so since it took me two days to get over it.  I took the pruners out, pruned some of the golden rod back and pulled easy weeds and vines and cut back things like privet hedge that's too grown high and it too well rooted to pull.  I had no choice but not to hit that stuff with the roundup because it was too close to the iris.  I found out the hard way that it doesn't take but a tad or round up and you can kiss that Iris bye bye.

I may do the mountain of dog laundry  and my bed sheets today.  It'll keep my busy enough.  What do you all have planned?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

After feeding the chickens their treat out front in the shade I looked at the lawn and figured I could at least do it.  It looks so much better.  I'm glad that at least I can mow without killing my back.  I sure wish I had my younger body back. 

LizStreithorst

Where is everyone?  I feel like I'm talking to nobody :(

Barb

Hi Liz, here I am!  I did a lot of weed whacking this morning, I sure like that battery powered thing.  I have 2 batteries, so I can do everything with 2.  Takes about 8 hrs to recharge them.  They cost $50 ea. but well worth it to have 2.  It is blazing hot here today, sure wish it would rain and cool things off a bit.  I am doing OK here alone,  I talk to the cats a lot.  I made a new large terrarium today, it is a former 45 gal. angelfish tank.  The one I raised Jon's angels in before I moved them to my 65.  I have more things to do today, jsut taking a break now.  Don't work too hard my friend,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Glad you popped in, Barb.  No more physical labor for me today.  I'm actually about ready to take my afternoon lay down flat on my back in bed.  I don't want to believe that I can't do what I used to do even though my body says otherwise. I'd like to see pics of all your plants and fish.  You have many beautiful things you're working on.