• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 106
Total: 107

Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 16, 2020, 10:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Lordy, Lordy...a lumber jack I am not.  But I can do what must be done given enough time.  My Stihl started right up after new gas mix and chain oil.  I always expect things with engines to let me down but I hit the jackpot with my lawn mower and my chain saw.  I'm not as tough as they are.  I didn't quite make it to the end of the road before the back said NO MORE!  I'll try to get out later and take another go at it but it's already hot and oppressive and it's will only get worse.  I need to take Charlotte out and pick up the stuff I cut, load it up and dump it on the burn pile.  Not right now, though.  I need to recuperate a bit first.

Anyone else doing stuff that's not good for their body today?  I hope not.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone else. Good job Liz on getting everything up and running and jumping into your work with great energy. Me, not so much.

I have to cleanout the FX6 on my 150G but it's been a while since I've done it and I am procrastinating as much as possible. While I can stand straight and I can sit, I realize my back pain returns when I bend at the waist for a period of time. I would like to figure out how to work on it standing straight up. I have an idea.

Anyway, weatherwise we are not too bad off with the current temp at 78F and the high temp getting up to 80F. It's a little humid at 69% but there is only a 10% chance of rain so I expect the humidity to go down a little.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

My Siamese algae eater arrived finally as did my Paraguard on time.  The trap is in the tank with a hunk of zucchini in it.  I'm sure I'll catch a bunch of snots.  I hope the algae eaters fall for it.

Ron Sower

...hello friends...

...I slept later this morning...not sure why...maybe making up for the night before when I kept waking up the the early morning hours...

...Willie, I've set up my fishroom with 2 rolling desk chairs and and do the heavy stuff that requires bending from one of them....why 2?...so that Lucy and I both can come in and watch the fish when we feed them...just about everything except the sink is set for chair-height work!...that's how I save my back.. ;)

...and Liz, where do you get all that energy?  w!w ? ...you're quite the Ever Ready Bunny!...

...Barb, any word for us on Bill?...I hope he's better today...we all do!...

..I have a long list of stuff to start on today...W/C cichlid tank, pay bills, try to sell a red lotus plant, get Tweety Bird ready to sell, etc,etc...

...so you guys have a good day with a lot of happy things happening...!  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 16, 2020, 12:18:49 PM

Liz, where do you get all that energy?  w!w ? ...you're quite the Ever Ready Bunny!...

Ron, I wake up with desire for physical labor, but by lunch time I'm about played out.  With the chain saw I was played out much sooner.  It's more about "must do".  If I don't do it nobody else will and I want to make this place look like poor white trash doesn't live here.  I don't need it to be perfect, just cared for.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 16, 2020, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 16, 2020, 12:18:49 PM

Liz, where do you get all that energy?  w!w ? ...you're quite the Ever Ready Bunny!...

Ron, I wake up with desire for physical labor, but by lunch time I'm about played out.  With the chain saw I was played out much sooner.  It's more about "must do".  If I don't do it nobody else will and I want to make this place look like poor white trash doesn't live here.  I don't need it to be perfect, just cared for.
|^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi all, no news yet, still waiting.  Trying to be patient.
Liz you are my only lumberjack friend, rest up now.
Willie, watch that back.
Ron I have a wheeled desk chair I use to work on my violets. Works great.
Just had my yearly physical, thank goodness I am 100% healthy.   All tests came back great and I have no pain anywhere.  I knock hard on wood when I say this.
Barb

LizStreithorst

A strong body is a gift at our age.  I sure wish I had my old body back.  It could work like a dog. 

LizStreithorst

Well, what a lovely afternoon I've had.  A neighbor came over to help me open Charlotte's hood.  It was more difficult than I had thought it would be.  He had to go back for star wrenches from his tool box to remove her grill before he could see what to do.  We figured it out together but he had the smarts and I just guessed at how to do something that did the job.  It took him way longer and was expecting but he didn't mine at all. 

We had a lovely long chat and I was sweating buckets in the hot sun so I invited him inside to chat more.  He's a dedicated Republican and I'm a dedicated Democrat.  It was so wonderful to have a thoughtful conversation about politics with someone from the other side.  Most people are uncomfortable talking about politics but I discovered that he and I could do it well.  We talked about dogs, too.  We are both dog lovers.

I missed lunch that I had just taken out of the Cuisinart.  Now I am no longer hungry and it's time for WC in the fish room.  No  I wish that I could get along without food, but I can't.  I'll either warm it up and eat it later or toss my lovely stuffed peppers and eat tomorrow.  I've gone a day without eating before and it didn't kill me.

Ron Sower

...we just got back from running errands, including taking Tweety Bird to get a semi-detail job...looks really good all shined up like that!...

...starting a water change on the Cichlid tank now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 16, 2020, 11:24:58 AM
My Siamese algae eater arrived finally as did my Paraguard on time.  The trap is in the tank with a hunk of zucchini in it.  I'm sure I'll catch a bunch of snots.  I hope the algae eaters fall for it.

Did you catch anything yet? ;D
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

I can't believe it.  I just caught 2 of them!  Thanks so much, Greg.

ghonk

Cool,what did you use to slam the trap door? ;D
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

Just a stick I picked up in the yard.  There were 2 adult snots and a rainbow fish in there, too.  I'm gonna put the trap back in.  I would like to keep 2 of the 5 where they are and put 3 in the display tank in the fish room being taken over by the black hair algae.

LizStreithorst

These little bastards are smart!  They are on to the trap now.  They will go in, but even though I do my best to sneak up on them, they spot me and swim back out.  I'm going to keep the trap in and feed in there without trying to catch them.  They may get comfortable eating in there and become easier to catch in a week or so.