• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Cooler Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 15, 2020, 08:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning people.  I was up early but wasn't able to force myself to get at 'em.  It's hard to do something that you know will make you suffer.  I want to cut privet hedge and beauty berry and other weedy shrubs that have grown up along the fence line but that bending down over and over again is hard on the back.  I was going to do it with the loppers but after giving it some thought I think I'd be better off using the chain saw.  It's heavier, but so much more efficient.  I'll see if I can't get the thing cranked today.  2 strokes can be a bitch but this old Stihl of mine hasn't failed me yet.  I'll empty the old fuel and mix up fresh fuel today and keep my fingers crossed. 

We won't be under a heat advisory for a change but it will still be hot and very oppressive.  They say we may get some thunderstorms later this afternoon.

What do the rest of y'all have going on?  Anything interesting?

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone else. Currently it is 84 degrees and going up to 87 under sunny skies. It feels good at the moment even with 62% humidity. There is a zero % chance of rain today so I already watered the flowerbed.

At the moment I am doing a water change on the 150 and when I finish that I will work on a cascade canister filter on my seniors (75G) tank.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...and a goood morning to you guys too...!

...Played cards from 2 til 9:30 last night...another marathon...Lucy and I won 2 games (6 hands) out of this set of 5 that we're playing now...the best 3 out of 5 gets ice cream that the losers pay for...so it's really getting serious now... :D :D :D

...not much planned again today...still hot out there...I don't think it's going below 90 at night now and day time temps are above 105...Today's high will be 108...shows that we'll be back don to 100 around the 24th!...

...I may hit a couple LFSs today to get an oto or 2 and another SAE to replace the one that jumped yesterday and came up dry...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Liz, Willie and Ron,still waiting to find out what is wrong with Bill.  He has been in the hosptial for 30 hrs.  Doing tests.  I can't go in, he is in total isolation.  Will let you know how it goes.  Think good thoughts for us please.
Barb :(

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 15, 2020, 01:21:33 PM
Hi Liz, Willie and Ron,still waiting to find out what is wrong with Bill.  He has been in the hosptial for 30 hrs.  Doing tests.  I can't go in, he is in total isolation.  Will let you know how it goes.  Think good thoughts for us please.

Wow Barb. Sorry to hear about Bill. My good thoughts and prayers are with you and Bill.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on July 15, 2020, 01:21:33 PM
...will do, Barb..wishing both of you well..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm so sorry, Barb.  Give me a call anytime you need a kind ear.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Testing done today, no results, more tests tomorrow.  He is bleeding internally.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on July 15, 2020, 05:48:40 PM
Testing done today, no results, more tests tomorrow.  He is bleeding internally.
Barb
...crap...that doesn't sound very good!...I hope he's not in pain
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 15, 2020, 05:48:40 PM
Barb

I'm truly sorry to hear that Barb. I'm hoping they find out what's wrong very soon.
Willie