• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 157
Total: 158

Tuesday's here

Started by Barb, July 14, 2020, 06:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks.  Great coffee here, as always,  I may have a 2nd cup in a bit.  Usually just 1.  Today is elder care most of the day.  Need to get Bill to the Dr. and then order a hospital bed for him at home.  It will make my life easier caring for him and he will be more comfortable.  I just need to move some furniture around.  Will let you all know how it goes.  Have a good day.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It looks like it's going to be a nice day here with the current temp at 77 and the high temp getting up to 87. It is a little humid right now due to some overnight rain but the humidity level is headed downward and there is zero % chance of rain.

Today is a tank maintenance day. I've got a lot of work to do with trying to get rid of brown algae. It used to be manageable but now it seems like it's getting out of control.

I believe my tap water has silicates in it. I only use a lot of light on my planted tanks and in the shrimp tank I use remineralized  DI water and that tank never gets brown algae.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning everyone.  No such luck for us in Mississippi, Willie.  It'll be another heat advisory for us.  I can't complain about having no rest after yesterday when I did little more than go to the LFS.  I was out at 6:30 spraying roundup.  I'm going to take a little rest then put another 3 gallons in the sprayer.  It's not hot yet, but very humid.  I'm covered in sweat again.

I hope the LP gas truck shows up today.  I checked the gauge on my tank Friday and it was slam at 0.  I called then but it was after hours.  I'd hoped they'd come Monday and when they didn't I called back.  The lady said that she gave the guys my message but they probably wouldn't get to me that day.  Their normal days for my area are Mondays and Wednesdays, so I might be out of luck today, too.  I turned my water heater down to warm and only use the stove to boil water for my coffee and do a little cooking.  I was desperate for a hot bath Sunday to I turned the heater up and as soon as I had my bath ready turned it back down.  I'm lucky that 0 doesn't always mean 0.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well that wasn't bad.  I sprayed 9 gallons in all and I'm done.  Now I just have to wait a while to see what I missed.  My next job will be the hardest.  I need to get out along the fence row and cut down the big stuff that has grown up.  It's really hard on my back but at least I can give it a try and get some stuff cut down.

Ron Sower

...good afternoon, all...actually, still morning here!...late start for me today...kept waking up all night...I feel crappy! >:(

...going to the store in a few minutes for groceries...then to welding supply to exchange CO2 tanks...

...cards this afternoon at 2...

...Barb, I hope that hospital bed is a big relief for both of you...

...Willie, I think you're referring to golden brown algae known as diatoms...Otocinclus are great for eating that stuff...

...Liz...at least you have your air fryer to cook with if you don't get your gas today...still loving ours...Lucy's having a tough time learning to bake in it...always over cooks...

...still hot and dry here...106 today's prediction...bet it goes over...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

A lovely day today.  It didn't get as hot as expected although it was plenty hot.  The gas man came.  I can take a good hot bath whenever I want to and cook with gas when it is the best way to cook.  I got so sit outside some before the heat arrived to enjoy my little world.  I live in the most perfect place that ever was.  I was up early early out working so I'll have a good sleep tonight with my dogs all snuggled up to me.  What could be better?

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 14, 2020, 12:53:14 PM
...good afternoon, all...actually, still morning here!...late start for me today...kept waking up all night...I feel crappy! >:(

...going to the store in a few minutes for groceries...then to welding supply to exchange CO2 tanks...

...cards this afternoon at 2...

...Barb, I hope that hospital bed is a big relief for both of you...

...Willie, I think you're referring to golden brown algae known as diatoms...Otocinclus are great for eating that stuff...

...Liz...at least you have your air fryer to cook with if you don't get your gas today...still loving ours...Lucy's having a tough time learning to bake in it...always over cooks...

...still hot and dry here...106 today's prediction...bet it goes over...

Yep I was referring to the the diatoms. I forgot about the Otos. Thanks for refreshing my memory. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.