• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 227
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

Good Morning Monday

Started by BallAquatics, July 13, 2020, 07:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Going to be a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  65 now going up to 80 later with a mix of sun and clouds.  Have a great day folks!

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Good to see you, Dennis.  Good Morning to our later arrivals.

The plan for today was to get up before dawn again, taking an hour to properly wake up and have my drugs kick in.  But when the time came to get myself out of bed, I just couldn't do it.  I really wore myself out yesterday.  It wasn't just the mowing.  I was doing stuff and moving around all day long.  I decided to take a day off and enjoy the morning's cooler temps.

We'll be under yet another heat advisory today.  I'll be taking fish to the LPS later today.  When I get back I'll find something that needs doing.  I never lack for things that need doing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Mornin Dennis and Liz, Ron and Willie later on.   Dennis did you see Greg's post about "What is this" a couple days ago?

Today is Mulching Monday for me.  I just spent the morning spreading 26 cubic feet of mulch in a small part of my backyard garden.  I think I need 50  more bags, maybe in Fall.  Spread 13 just now.  All the hard work in the heat and humidity was what I needed.  It helped my mental state.  I feel good now.  I will do more outside hard work, despite the heat.  Yes, I drank a lot of water.

Liz, take a good day of rest.
Barb

BallAquatics

Quote from: Barb on July 13, 2020, 10:08:18 AM
Dennis did you see Greg's post about "What is this" a couple days ago?

Barb

I hadn't seen that Barb.  I posted an explanation there.

Dennis

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I've been playing most of the morning in the fishroom and plan to go back there after I eat something.

I had a solid night's sleep and I was so knocked out that I didn't hear the 2+ inches of rain that came down overnight. I'll will put my sprinkler timer on a 24 hour rain pause later.

I've been looking in the shrimp tank and I see tiny dots jumping around on the plant leaves that I didn't notice before. I'm concerned because they appear to be white but they look like they a grazing on the leaves. I hope they are shrimp and not parasites.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

You may have better eyes than me but I've never seen the parasite jumping around on the leaves.  I went to 2 pet stores today and neither had anything with Prazi in it.  I'll have to order it on line.  At least this is a parasite that just bothers the shrimp.  It does not kill them.

I took 30 of these damn platty's that now I wish I had never bought, and 30 of my BN.  Ken asked if he would like for him to pay me.  I didn't think that I had been brought enough stuff today and the past few times I was there to amount to much, but he handed me $185.  This was a great blessing.  I thought I was getting ahead but I had unexpected expenses and was worried about getting through the month without being totally money-less.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Dennis, thanks for the explanation...

...Willie, a lot of my shrimplets hatch almost colorless and then color up as they grow...Glad you got some sleep!...

...Barb, you must really like yard work!...My Monday is Munching Monday!...

...I've been trying to get my printer and computer to scan...suddenly several days ago it just wouldn't scan...says the computer is offline...however, it will print...so today we linked Lucy's printer/scanner to my computer and she scanned our refi app into hers and emailed it to me...

...got a young lady coming over today to buy some Bloody Mary shrimp...hope she'll respond soon to my text that i need her to come before 1pm...at 2pm I need to show a rental down in Florence to a lady for her father to live in til end of November...

...then Thursday a fellow is coming to buy some more of them...

...I'd contacted my LFS earlier to see if he was ready for some, and he said he'd let me know...so far nothing...I sell to him a lower price than I do to hobbyists because I don't want to take any of his business on pricing...

...had our hottest day so far this year in Phoenix yesterday...116!  I'm still okay with the heat...I go out on the carport and work on the stone projects a little bit, then come in and drink some water, work on an inside project awhile then go out an glue up some more pieces...What it does is makes me be patient....sometimes I need the piece I just put in to set up before I move along....I have a tendency to try to add another piece and it disrupts the one I'd just added...then it gets glue all over and requires more work later with the Dremel tool to remove it...:-[

...hi Liz...we were typing at the same time...I was just more long winded!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 13, 2020, 01:48:31 PM
...Dennis, thanks for the explanation...

...Willie, a lot of my shrimplets hatch almost colorless and then color up as they grow...Glad you got some sleep!...

...Barb, you must really like yard work!...My Monday is Munching Monday!...

...I've been trying to get my printer and computer to scan...suddenly several days ago it just wouldn't scan...says the computer is offline...however, it will print...so today we linked Lucy's printer/scanner to my computer and she scanned our refi app into hers and emailed it to me...

...got a young lady coming over today to buy some Bloody Mary shrimp...hope she'll respond soon to my text that i need her to come before 1pm...at 2pm I need to show a rental down in Florence to a lady for her father to live in til end of November...

...then Thursday a fellow is coming to buy some more of them...

...I'd contacted my LFS earlier to see if he was ready for some, and he said he'd let me know...so far nothing...I sell to him a lower price than I do to hobbyists because I don't want to take any of his business on pricing...

...had our hottest day so far this year in Phoenix yesterday...116!  I'm still okay with the heat...I go out on the carport and work on the stone projects a little bit, then come in and drink some water, work on an inside project awhile then go out an glue up some more pieces...What it does is makes me be patient....sometimes I need the piece I just put in to set up before I move along....I have a tendency to try to add another piece and it disrupts the one I'd just added...then it gets glue all over and requires more work later with the Dremel tool to remove it...:-[

...hi Liz...we were typing at the same time...I was just more long winded!...

I'm hoping they are shrimplets. They are really active for sure. If I can upload a few seconds of video I will post it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.