• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 17, 2024, 11:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 210
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Sunny Sunday

Started by Barb, July 12, 2020, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

And hot.  Yesterday was our hottest day this year.  It got up to high 90's and humid.  I didn't go out too long.  We did have a pouring rain for a few minutes which was needed to water all my flowers in this heat. 
Our son is coming for a short visit later today after he goes to the beach for a few hours.

Here is something puzzling, he had what we all were sure was the virus back in January. He lives and works a job where he is in lots of contact with people from all over the world.  He had all the symptoms and was sick for several weeks, didn't need hospitalization though.  He is 46.  Recently he had an antibody test and it was negative.  So he thought it was an error and had another one at a different place.  Same result.  I guess he didn't have Covid, even with all the same symptoms.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone else that joins in. Yes it is hot and it's going to get hotter. I thought that after 5 inches of rain on Friday I would not have to water for a few days but yesterday's heat dried everything up again.

It is currently 83 degrees and going up into the low 90s so after I water I will be back indoors with the air conditioning.

Barb I heard the antibody test was unreliable with it having a lot of false negatives. THe flu was also going strong in January.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Well, miracle of miracles, It's not even 9 yet and I'm finished with all my mowing!  I don't  now what I time I got going on it but it was way early.  I'm actually dehydrating with water rather than beer.  I had a strange (for me) craving for water.

I doubt that I'll be doing any more physical stuff today.  I'm plum tuckered so I'll stick with WC on the office tanks,  laundry and general tidying up.  It's actually dog laundry day which means a lot of laundry.  At least it's hot and sunny and not so humid you could lick it, so I'll be able to hang things outside to dry rather than stick it in the dang dryer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hi gang!...I'm here early today!!...

...I had a winner on Planted Tank Quick Auctions Friday for my large Red Tiger Lotus I need to move to allow more space for other plants in my Congo thank...he's in Hawaii... I woke up this morning thinking, Can I mail that to Hawaii? Is this guy some kind of agricultural agent trying to catch me?"....

Do any of you know anything about this? I've started researching on the internet....

...besides doing that today, I want to do a Congo tank WC, fix the wobbly game table top, and go down the the boxes to get our mail from the last few days...gonna be a busy day here (he said with a grin)... :D

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron