• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

Sunny Saturday

Started by wsantia1, July 11, 2020, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

After we got soaked yesterday with 5+ inches of rain we wake up to a sunny and humid day here in the Northern Mid-Atlantic. I say "Northern" because I believe Barb is in the Mid-Atlantic too.

Currently it is sunny, 80 degrees and it will be going up to 90+ with 80% humidity. There is only a 20% chance of rain this evening.

It's the last day of my company and although I've can be grouchy at times we've been having a good time. The reason I was apprehensive about them coming is because it is my ex "Vikki" and her daughter.

We are still on very good terms but we are just too far apart in distance and where we are headed.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning everyone.  It's another brutally hot and humid one today.  I was out mowing early.  I did everything that was still in the shade.  I didn't even try the sunny places.  Still, I'm dripping with sweat and ready, at 8:15 am, for a beer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Mornin' Willie and Liz.  I think of Delaware as north.  Yes, we are mid atlantic, right in the middle of the east coast.  A bit of interest, people who come to live here are often called halfbacks.  They are the ones who leave up north, head to Florida to retire or just live, and don't like it there.  So they drive half way back and stop here and love it and move here instead.  We are close to I 95 and right on US17, both run up and down the east coast,  so we get all the north/south traffic right here.

You all have a good day.  Hot and humid here too Liz, but no rain, I hope.  Still drying out from Faye.
Barb

Ron Sower

...well, it was hot here today, but not humid...
...worked on the new dragonstone project today...someone suggested I make them so several pieces will fit together, like sectional sofas...that's what I  did today!...turning out pretty cool!...
...sitting here in the fishroom, watching the fish and shrimps... I have a couple Columbian snails that lay eggs that never are fertile...must be 2 females...I think the species is male/female, not hermaphroditic, which is why the eggs aren't fertile...I'll have to look that up some day...
...Barb, watched a movie on Prime tonight...Sweet Home Carolina...set in Marion, NC....we used to go by there on the way to the beaches many years back...Swamp Fox country!...
...Willie, can't imagine having my ex visit...especially with our daughter...scary thought...I'm glad you're doing well with it...but I'll bet there is some stress and tension there if you would admit it! ;)...
...Goodnight all...see you here tomorrow...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

....I have a couple Columbian snails that lay eggs that never are fertile...must be 2 females...I think the species is male/female, not hermaphroditic, which is why the eggs aren't fertile...I'll have to look that up some day...

...I looked it up tonight instead of waiting....turns out they are hermaphroditic...pix of the egg clusters look similar to mine...maybe they are viable & i'm just too impatient for them to hatch...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 12, 2020, 12:16:13 AM
...worked on the new dragonstone project today...someone suggested I make them so several pieces will fit together, like sectional sofas...that's what I  did today!...turning out pretty cool!...
...sitting here in the fishroom, watching the fish and shrimps... I have a couple Columbian snails that lay eggs that never are fertile...must be 2 females...I think the species is male/female, not hermaphroditic, which is why the eggs aren't fertile...I'll have to look that up some day...
...Barb, watched a movie on Prime tonight...Sweet Home Carolina...set in Marion, NC....we used to go by there on the way to the beaches many years back...Swamp Fox country!...
...Willie, can't imagine having my ex visit...especially with our daughter...scary thought...I'm glad you're doing well with it...but I'll bet there is some stress and tension there if you would admit it! ;)...

Ron, it's a little weird but we are doing good especially after they bought me a 16 ounce ribeye from the Longhorn last night. It was delicious.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 12, 2020, 08:40:09 AM

Ron, it's a little weird but we are doing good especially after they bought me a 16 ounce ribeye from the Longhorn last night. It was delicious.
...you're way too easy, man! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Give a man a hunk of beef and he will be happy  :P
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 12, 2020, 11:48:40 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 12, 2020, 08:40:09 AM

...you're way too easy, man! :D

I sure am. I've mellowed in my old age.  ;D
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 12, 2020, 01:36:03 PM
Give a man a hunk of beef and he will be happy  :P

You are 100 💯 % correct for this man.  :D
Willie