• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:54:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Good Friday Morning

Started by wsantia1, July 10, 2020, 06:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yes it is Friday again and in my case it is lockdown Friday. We are in the direct line of Tropical Storm Fay. Probably two to three inches.

Unlike the T-Storms this will be a steady rain . Unfortunately for me it makes things a PITA because I can't walk Kobe like I need to.

Nothing on the agenda. I have company which I am not particularly crazy about but I am going to be nice.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Yes, be nice and hope they'll leave soon.

I heard that we'll be under a heat advisory from 11 on today.  I walked out to feed the horse just now and it's so hot and humid that the air feels heavy and oppressive already.  I was wanting to get mowing at 8 or so, but I'm not so sure now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, I'll be a son of a gun.  I mowed for a hour and was dripping wet.  I decided to come in and get cool before I went out and gave it another go.  Then it started to rain.  It wasn't supposed to rain!  I think I'll stay inside and clean windows.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz!  How long do they stay Willie?  Faye left us yesterday, she isn't so bad, just lots of rain and a bit of wind.  I think we had about 4" from her over a few days.  And a little wind.  You should be OK.
Liz, watch your mail.
I worked on my pond filter and waterfall for 1/2 hr. this morning, had to take a shower when I came it.  Very humid today.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hey guys, Look what Barb sent me!  Thanks Barb.  It was so kind of you to think of me.

LizStreithorst

I know I need to paint the door.  It looks like shit.  But just replacing this one with the one made of wafer board that was painted knocked me out.  Now that I have posted a pic I'm embarrassed.  I'll put it on the long list of things I need to do.  I have the paint.  I'm not going to do it when it's humid from so much rain, though.  Remind me when it gets to Fall.

I just talked to the vet about Tink.  She is very through so I guess she's worth the money.  She listened to all my stuff about Tink and decided that I should cut down on one of the drugs.  Then I guess she thought about it more and had one of the girls up front call and told me to cut back on another.  I'll see how Tink responds.  She's great other than the fact that she's so lethargic.

I think that it was me telling her that I didn't think that Tink had the big belly that dogs get with congestive heart failure but apparently she did because now she's much more slender.  I think Dr. Karen Rogers (My hero Dr. Lowell's wife) decided that Tink might be that she was some dehydrated and that could be making her lethargic.

Small animal vet care is way more costly than large animal care and I know that Lowell loves me and doesn't charge me more than I can afford, but Karen is worth paying the regular price for.

(Barb, after paying what you had to pay for having your cat shaved you think I'm getting vet care dirt cheap.  I think that you're paying too much.  Now I know this is years ago and today the vet hospital and I would both be charging more, but 15 years ago I was charging $45 for the shave and the vets charged $15. for sedation for a biting cat.  I did it without sedation when I was able to.

Barb

Glad you like the little metal sign Liz!  I think your unpainted door looks rather interesting.  A whole lot of people like this aged, weathered look.  And pay lots for it in fancy stores!  Sort of like paying $400 for a pair of ripped, holey jeans at a high end store.

I pay the vet asst. $90 for sedated shave for Sadie.  The shave is $45 and the sedation is $45.  She needs a lot of it to put her to sleep for awhile.  Now at her age I have to pay the $170 for the blood work to make sure she is healthy enough to go to sleep for a bit and still wake up.  That is the part I hate to pay.  But all the vets around here charge the same for services.  I have no choice.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Do you know what anesthetic they use, Barb?  My vets used one that was given IM and was reversed with another shot.  I don't remember what it was called.  I mostly just did their regular customers cats so I'm sure they were aware of it's health.  And as I said I did it without the cat having to be knocked out whenever it was possible.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 10, 2020, 11:00:25 AM
Hi Willie and Liz!  How long do they stay Willie? Faye left us yesterday, she isn't so bad, just lots of rain and a bit of wind.  I think we had about 4" from her over a few days.  And a little wind.  You should be OK.
Liz, watch your mail.
I worked on my pond filter and waterfall for 1/2 hr. this morning, had to take a shower when I came it.  Very humid today.
Barb

Hey Barb. They leave on Sunday. All is good.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
Hey guys, Look what Barb sent me!  Thanks Barb.  It was so kind of you to think of me.

That's really thoughtful and nice. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 10, 2020, 12:43:23 PM
...that's really cool!... nice work Barb!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...the days just fly by here!...I stayed busy with little things like working a refi of our house, trying out a new epoxy for the dragonstone, messing with some shrimp things, putzing with fish tanks, trip to Costco, visit from a neighbor...then dinner in and a movie on Prime...(we dropped Netflix)...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 11, 2020, 12:07:18 AM
...the days just fly by here!...I stayed busy with little things like working a refi of our house, trying out a new epoxy for the dragonstone, messing with some shrimp things, putzing with fish tanks, trip to Costco, visit from a neighbor...then dinner in and a movie on Prime...(we dropped Netflix)...

Yes Ron, the days are flying by. The year is more than half over and I haven't done much of anything. I will be escaping to NYC next weekend for my granddaughter's 3rd birthday party. Of course there will be limited attendees.
Willie