• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 02:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 196
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

It's Still Morning Thursday

Started by wsantia1, July 09, 2020, 10:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Morning everyone. I just got finished cleaning the house and bathing Kobe so now I am ready for my company that's arriving this afternoon.

It's going to be a weird situation with this Covid going on but everyone has been basically in quarantine since March so I'm pretty comfortable with it. 

It's also very hot and muggy here with temps already at 87 degrees and the humidity at 75%. We may get a T-Storm (60%) to cool us off this evening so that will be good as my perennials are finally starting to bloom. After cutting them down to the dirt last fall I thought they would never come back.

Have a great day everybody.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie and later arrivals.  I went out to have a good mow while it was still cool enough.  I ran out of gas right away.  Since I'll be going out any way for gas I went ahead and paid my bills and will drop them off at the Moselle PO on my way for ethanol free gas.  We may have more storms this afternoon but I hope not enough to trap me like yesterday when I had to spend 1/2 hr in the car.

No plans other than mowing if it's not too hot when I get back home.  With all the rain and heat we've had I thing I'll be having to mow almost constantly.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi all, the storm in the Atlantic is still with us, you can see it well on TV weather maps.  It did stop long enough this morning so my yard boy, age 16, could get my lawn mowed and trimmed.  Needed it badly, he had been gone over a week.  Now it is muddy but mowed.  Looks much better.
Willie, hope you have a good time with your guests.  Liz, how is Tink doing? 
Barb

wsantia1

My company is in the house and wearing a mask. lol. Anyway I actually saw another baby shrimp or may the second sighting of the first one but this time I know it was a shrimp and not my eyes playing tricks on me. I didn't realize how small they are as babies.
Willie

LizStreithorst

They are just tiny little dots, Willie.  I bet you have a lot more that you haven't seen.  The parents birth a lot of them at one time.

Barb, little Tink is doing the same.  Just the slightest coughing around medication time.  She still sleeps most of the time, though.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 10, 2020, 06:21:44 AM
They are just tiny little dots, Willie.  I bet you have a lot more that you haven't seen.  The parents birth a lot of them at one time.

Barb, little Tink is doing the same.  Just the slightest coughing around medication time.  She still sleeps most of the time, though.

And they blend in with the plants. Combine that with my piss poor eyesight and I probably won't see them for another month.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I have to put one pair of eye glasses over another pair to see them.

Barb

I keep my powerful magnifying glass right next to the shrimp tank.  I see everything with it, and can even see the newborn shrimplets when they just look like a little black dot.  I can see that even at birth they look just like their parents.  They are blue!!!
Barb

Ron Sower

...my blue shrimplets are blue when first hatched out also...some of my bloody maries are red but some take time and growth to color up...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 10, 2020, 10:57:24 AM
I keep my powerful magnifying glass right next to the shrimp tank. I see everything with it, and can even see the newborn shrimplets when they just look like a little black dot.  I can see that even at birth they look just like their parents.  They are blue!!!
Barb

Hey Barb. What magnifying glass are you using? I have a couple of but I keep thinking I need to get something better.
Willie

Barb

Willie, I got mine at Staples but most stores have them.  Look for one that has the little 1/2" super magnifying spot on the big glass.  That is the best for looking at shrimplets.  Glass or plastic both work well.
Barb