• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

It's Already Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, July 07, 2020, 07:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a blur for me except when my stomach was bothering me. I feel better today. I have a few things on the agenda today including water changes and carpet shampooing. I'll do the carpet after the water changes. Don't want to chance any chemical residue on my hands when I do W/C.

It's going to be a better weather day here. Currently it is  78 degrees and the forecast high is 83. I hope that holds up. Yesterday we had major T-Storms in the evening. We may have a repeat today. As long as it's in the evening I don't mind too much.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning, Willie.  It's only going up to 85 here which will be a nice change.  We do have thunder showers off and on throughout the day, though.  I have a Scotty at 10.  It's a $50. groom and these folks always tip me $10.  They drive all the way from West Hattiesburg where the rich people live to come to me!  Again, I'm the only one outside of Jackson who can groom the breed correctly.  Is that not a disgrace?  It's not that hard.  Not nearly as hard as a Bichon.

Then I'll be off to town to pick up prescriptions and pick up this and that.  I need some neosporin ointment for the cat.  She gets a rash on her nose and ears every summer.  This year it's worse than ever.  I hope I don't have to take her to the vet for a steroid shot.  It's no fun taking a cat to the vet, as Barb know well.

Little Tink is doing better and better.  She knows she gets a treat of boiled chicken every morning and evening.  That's how I give her her meds, and she eats them right up along with the shredded chicken.  Thank got she's easy to medicate because I have one liquid med and 4 pills to give her twice a day.

What's going on with you, Ron and Barb?  Hope you are both well and have a good day.  Dennis, how about you?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Wow!  Would you believe it?  My Scotty people tipped me $20. this time.  They put the money in an envelope and I didn't open it until the dog was under the dryer.  When I walked the finished dog as asked them if they realized that they had given me $70. this time.  I thought they must have made a mistake.  She said that her husband told me to give me that much this time.  Man, I wish they were all like that.  It never occurs to some to tip the groomer just like they would a hair dresser.  Others just like to hold on to every penny.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz and Ron later on.  Just finished a downpour that must have been an inch in 20 min.  Filled my rainbarrel up in a couple minutes, coming off the roof and down one pipe.  My pond is overflowing and the fish are having a ball.

Just doing stuff around the house, need to keep a watch on Bill, he feels awful after that fall 2 days ago.  No breaks or skin tears.  He is weak as a baby bird.  Good thing I am strong.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Tell Bill I think of him, Barb.  BTW, do you have a recipe you like for chopped liver.  I just took a tub of chicken livers out of the freezer.

It started to rain here, and I heard the thunder but it's getting it sunny now.  Just got my peas picked.  Need to shell them now.

wsantia1

Barb, sorry to hear that Bill is still hurting after that fall. Yes you are definitely strong and Bill is a lucky man to have you in his corner.
Willie

Ron Sower

...hello folks...
...all's well here...just being lazy right now...temps are going into the hundred-teens this week...hitting 117 Sunday I think...I don't pay much attention to it...I go out and have my cereal with Linda first thing, around 9am...then it gets too warm for her and she goes in...I mess with my  dragonstone some...took a bunch of pix of the ones I've finished yesterday...

...started setting up one this morning for a lady that's asked me to make one for her...i just balanced the stones in place for the basic design...I sent her a pic, and she liked it... next i will take it apart and clean out all the dry mud and burnish the stone before i start gluing it together...she wants to work a bonsai tree into the re-creation...it'll be the first  for me, but I'm excited to do that...

...if inadvertantly put off a water change on the Congo tank, so I'll get to it as soon as I finish here...so, Willie, I'll be keeping up with you!

...Liz, we always tipped our groomer...Murphy always looked so nice when she groomed him....I'm happy you have tippers!...

...Barb, i hope Bill's pain subsides today...like Willie said, he's lucky to have you...and i hope you're taking care of yourself too...both of you need that!...

...tah-tah h for now, folks!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks Willie, Liz and Ron.  Yes, I make sure to take care of  myself.  Good thing I am a good multi-tasker. 
Liz, I have never made chopped liver. I dislike the taste of them.  The only way I will eat those is deep fried and crispy.  KFC has good ones.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I love it's flavor when it's not over cooked.  I like the earthy flavor it has.  Most times it's overcooked deep fried, but I've never had KFC's.  I don't go there.  There are plenty of recipes for chopped liver on Google.  If you want to try something new with them try this:  https://www.food.com/recipe/stolen-garlic-chicken-livers-110936  It sounds too weird a thing to prepare a liver dish, but it is soooo good.  It does taste like chicken livers, though...

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 07, 2020, 03:18:07 PM
...hello folks...
...all's well here...just being lazy right now...temps are going into the hundred-teens this week...hitting 117 Sunday I think...I don't pay much attention to it...I go out and have my cereal with Linda first thing, around 9am...then it gets too warm for her and she goes in...I mess with my  dragonstone some...took a bunch of pix of the ones I've finished yesterday...

...started setting up one this morning for a lady that's asked me to make one for her...i just balanced the stones in place for the basic design...I sent her a pic, and she liked it... next i will take it apart and clean out all the dry mud and burnish the stone before i start gluing it together...she wants to work a bonsai tree into the re-creation...it'll be the first  for me, but I'm excited to do that...

...if inadvertantly put off a water change on the Congo tank, so I'll get to it as soon as I finish here...so, Willie, I'll be keeping up with you!

...Liz, we always tipped our groomer...Murphy always looked so nice when she groomed him....I'm happy you have tippers!...

...Barb, i hope Bill's pain subsides today...like Willie said, he's lucky to have you...and i hope you're taking care of yourself too...both of you need that!...

...tah-tah h for now, folks!...

I always tip my groomer too. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst