• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 04:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 227
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

Happy 4th of July Saturday.

Started by wsantia1, July 04, 2020, 07:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Just another Saturday here. Currently it is 76 degrees and it will be getting up to 85 degrees this afternoon. That's a lot cooler than the 96 degrees we hit yesterday. The humidity is 89% and that is much higher than yesterday. huh

I need to start a deep cleaning of my house. I have company coming over next weekend and I have been a total slob (not really) since Covid-19 hit town. I have to do better. huh

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, sounds like you have heat like us.  Today is to be 94-96 and humid, of course.  We should get some rain almost every day the coming week.  No week for the carwash I had planned.  I had hoped to take Bill down by the river for a car picnic  today.  But it is way too hot for that.  Maybe a drive in the country with the AC running, and a cold drink at a drive thru.  Have a good day Liz, Ron and maybe Dennis.
Happy house cleaning Willie!  You will enjoy it when it's over.  Like Liz does.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I need to clean mine too.  But I may wait until tomorrow.  I have a fancy ass customer coming Monday morning and she sometimes waits while I do the dogs.

I'll just do what I choose today, it might include cleaning, but laundry for sure.  After all, it is a holiday week end.  Enjoy yourselves everyone!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hello you guys!... and I hope you all have a good holiday...with all the Covid going on, it's different this year, isn't it?...

...looks like we're going to 106 today...RH right now is 15%...not too bad though....

...I got my piece built yesterday to afix the headboard to the wall, but the lag bolts I bought are too short...so I'm heading back to Homely Depot in  a few minutes...return and replace! :D ....

...we played 2 full games (3 hands each) of Samba yesterday....they took one game and we took the other...

...time for the weekly WC in the Congo tank...guess I'll do that later today...

...later....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Ron!  It looks like my plan of doing a mountain of dog laundry and hanging it to dry is paused, at least the hanging in the sun part.  We're having another thunder shower.  The first load is in the dryer which vents into the fish room which is already hot and humid.  At least I have a good exhaust fan in there but still...I'm hoping when the next loads are ready the sun is out again.

I had to go to the store and on my way out I stopped and visited with my neighbors for a bit.  Jack isn't doing worth a damn but at least he's out of the hospital.  Poor Judy has her problems as well, but she takes good care of Jack. 

I cleaned a few Matten filters earlier.  I think I'll do a WC on the office tanks next.

LizStreithorst

After WC I had one of my huge floods due to having my head in my ass.  Fish are perfect, I just overflowed the water storage container.  May be one day I'll start changing water from the tap rather than aging it.  The flood went on the pergo floor then into the hall and bathroom.  I sucked it up with my wet/dry vac, turned a fan on for the pergo and turned the AC to a lower temp to help evaporation.  I got a whole lot more laundry to do when dogs beds and bathroom rugs got soaked and nothing could be hung out to dry because it kept raining.  I wanted to do a good clean but not this way.  It was hot as the devil when I went into the fish room to do WC but I got used to it. This is certainly not what I'd planned for a holiday week end.

Ron Sower

...been there...done that...its great to have company!!! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 04, 2020, 08:07:03 PM
...been there...done that...its great to have company!!! :D

Me too. Just last week.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

And me too Liz.  When I do this it is in our living room so really makes a lot of work getting it up.  I once had to throw out a nice 7x11 rug when it soaked up about 20 gal. of dirty tank water.  You should have seen me trying to haul that heavy dripping rug outside.  Not a fun night.
Barb