• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

TGIF Again

Started by wsantia1, July 03, 2020, 08:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is going to be a very hot day here in Delaware for sure. It is already 90 degrees at 9:00 am and our forecast high is 96 degrees which will make it the hottest day of the year here. Thankfully the humidity is only at 57% otherwise it would be sweltering.

I'm going to do myself a favor and just stay indoors during the daytime hours. Good thing there is housecleaning and water changes to do.  huh

Hopefully everyone has a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie.  Happy 4th everyone.  It's going to be another hot one here, too.  But for the past several days we've had showers in the afternoon and they cool it off some.  I don't have anything planned today.  I hope I don't just sit around on my bum all day and get bored.  I have the front lawn asking for a mow and the blueberries asking for the load of mulch I have in back of Charlotte for them.

Another night and morning of little coughing from Tink.  She is still spending most of the time sleeping.  I was fine with it yesterday because the must have been getting no rest at all with all the coughing she was doing all the time.  I don't think that anything I'm giving her is sedating but I'm starting to wonder...

Hope everyone here has a nice enjoyable holiday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hi friends!...

...looks like it's going to get to 103 today and sunny...currently it's 92  with 18% RH...is that muggy?...nah, not really ;)...

...I finished feed the fry some BBS and am watching them eat...got a young lady picking up some bloody maries and couple plants around 11...

...this afternoon we'll be playing cards...maybe in between those last 2 events I can get a small project done in my bedroom...I'm going to put a headboard on the wall at the head of my bed...(of course it will be the head of the bed...it's a headboard for gosh sakes!).. ;D

...I need to spend some time soon getting my 2019 tax info in order to send to my accountant...I've already told her that I've been really lazy and to go ahead file an extension...oh well...

,,,wishing all of you a good day and holiday weekend...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Nice to see you here two days in a row, Ron.  I don't have to feel guilty about sitting on my bum all day.  It's hot, but I'm tough and I make sure to keep well hydrated with beer :-\  I wanted to mow the front but I looked at the side yard where there's full sun and the grass grows thick.  I knew that if I didn't do it, I would be sorry and I'll be putting too much stress on the mower's engine so I did it and sat in the shade out front and looked at that lawn that will never look great but at least looks presentable with a good mow.  The front made me mow it too.  I've learned a lesson, though.  Never again will I scatter cotton seed meal all over the lawn unless I want to spend the rest of my summer mowing.

I'm going to have to do some research.  Sometimes when I pull the cord to start the mower it just comes away with no resistance at all.  I've never worked on that part of a mower before so I need to find out the part I need, buy it (from China no less) and read up on how to replace what's broken.

LizStreithorst

I forgot to mention, while I was out mowing little Tink went for a nice trot up the road.  That made me feel better.  She's asleep on the cool floor right next to me, but she earned a nice cool rest.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 03, 2020, 11:43:20 AM
I forgot to mention, while I was out mowing little Tink went for a nice trot up the road.  That made me feel better.  She's asleep on the cool floor right next to me, but she earned a nice cool rest.

Good for Tink, Kobe is acting up once again. He won't eat anything including his treat. He's sleeping in the basement at the moment  but his poop looked good this morning so I'm wondering if the Benedryl I gave him last night has him sedated. He doesn't look like he's hurting.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'll bet money it's the benadryl, but keep an eye on him, which I know you do.  Tink is on meloxicam.  At her age it's likely she has arthritis although I can't see that she does, but it's also an ace inhibitor which is good for the heart in some way I've never learned.  One of the side effects is lethargy.  She sure is a wake and alert right now as I am eating an air fried chicken thigh.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 03, 2020, 11:28:08 AM
Nice to see you here two days in a row, Ron.  I don't have to feel guilty about sitting on my bum all day.  It's hot, but I'm tough and I make sure to keep well hydrated with beer :-\  I wanted to mow the front but I looked at the side yard where there's full sun and the grass grows thick.  I knew that if I didn't do it, I would be sorry and I'll be putting too much stress on the mower's engine so I did it and sat in the shade out front and looked at that lawn that will never look great but at least looks presentable with a good mow.  The front made me mow it too.  I've learned a lesson, though.  Never again will I scatter cotton seed meal all over the lawn unless I want to spend the rest of my summer mowing.

I'm going to have to do some research.  Sometimes when I pull the cord to start the mower it just comes away with no resistance at all.  I've never worked on that part of a mower before so I need to find out the part I need, buy it (from China no less) and read up on how to replace what's broken.
...you are aware that alcohol.is not really a hydrator...right? mim 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...more shrimp gone...got first and second step done on the headboard mount....muggy outside right now at 30%...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Of course I know that, Ron.  I don't know where my hydration comes from, but I'm not dead yet, neither have I ever suffered from symptoms of heat exhaustion.  I can't figure it out myself.

Barb

Hi everybody, it has been another busy and hot day here today.  Our daughter and her new husband visited, we all wore masks and kept 6' apart.  It was a good visit.  Then they went on to the beach for a quick stop there,  very few people there she said.  What a strange summer this is.

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow, 4th of July.  It will be 94 here so we will be inside in the AC.
Barb