• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 133
Total: 135

Today is Tuesday

Started by Barb, June 30, 2020, 06:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, in a bit I want to go work outside before it gets too hot.  90 again today I see.  Or higher.  and Humid of course.  I envy Ron his low humidity.  My cactus and succulents would love it there.  Hope you are all well and have a good day.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Another 4:30 am rise for me. I guess my body must think I have work to do or something. huh

It is currently 62 degrees and it will get up to at least 86 degrees with 65% humidity. That humidity % is a little lower that yesterday. We also have a 20% chance of showers or T-Storms this afternoon.

I have some fish room work on the agenda including a couple of water changes. I find it easier for me to just do a few tanks at a time instead of all 22 tanks at one time.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Wow, 22 tanks Willie?  I think that is more than Liz has.  Long ago I had that many, but now I have just 4.  A 75 with Discus, a 65 with Angels, a 20 with Endlers, and a 5 with shrimp.  I wish I could combine these 2 but would lose the shrimp to the Endlers.  Care to share with us what all is in your 22 tanks?
I forgot to mention my much-enjoyed goldfish pond in the yard that has 6 golds and 1 Koi.  About 500 gal.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Gosh Willie, now I feel really guilty.  I'll never get to mowing unless I start getting up sooner.  I did get the side of the house mowed yesterday evening.  We had a couple of showers and it's cooled things off enough.  Today it's hot and steamy again. 

I'm not sure how many tanks have fish in them at the moment.  I'll have to count.  I know that I have a good many sitting empty.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on June 30, 2020, 08:57:38 AM
Wow, 22 tanks Willie?  I think that is more than Liz has.  Long ago I had that many, but now I have just 4.  A 75 with Discus, a 65 with Angels, a 10 with Endlers, and a 5 with shrimp.  I wish I could combine these 2 but would lose the shrimp to the Endlers.  Care to share with us what all is in your 22 tanks?
I forgot to mention my much-enjoyed goldfish pond in the yard that has 6 golds and 1 Koi.  About 500 gal.
Barb

Sure Barb here goes:

One 75 with retired angles,
One 150  tall with 6 Altum Angels
Four 29s with angel pairs
Two 20s with cories
Two 20s with assorted ancistrus
Four 40Bs with angels and ancistrus
One 20L with a small 25 year old Reives turtle
One 5 gallon tank with Blue Neo Shrimp
One 10 gallon with a Betta and ancistrus
One 10 gallon with L183 Fry
One 20 Albino Pealrscale Juveniles (5)
One 20 Whiptail Cats Bettas
Two 20s Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlids

I have two new 75s on the floor that I will probably use to consolidate some of my breeders that are not breeding very soon.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I counted earlier.  I have 15 working and bunch sitting idle.  I have a tank for long finned albino BN grow outs.  They are in with my rainbow fish grow outs.  3 are devoted to rams.  One has pearl gourami grow outs.  There's the tank full of juvie snots waiting to be taken to the LPS, and a tank holding 2 spawns of the baby snots, one for blue shrimp, one for red shrimp, a rainbow fish tank and just 3 devoted to Discus.  Oh  I forgot the tank full of red Platy's that do nothing but make babies.  They need to go to the fish store, too.  There are some blue eyed bn in there as well as a nice group of sterbai plecos.

Imagine that!  Once upon a time if it wasn't a Discus I didn't care anything about it.  I've come a long way haven't I?

BTW, I got pretty much all of my mowing done.  It got overcast and there was a breeze so I just went for it.  I'm rather proud of myself.  I came in checked weather underground and it said that it was 90 degrees.  It felt in no way close to 90 here on the homestead.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Holy moly Liz and Willie!!!!  That is a lot of water you 2 change.  You both have wonderful fish collections, I am proud to know you.  You both sure do need those fish rooms.  My fish room is the living room and my sewing/violet room.  Where does Ron keep his tanks now?  Maybe he will tell us.

Barb

Willie, do your Altums ever spawn?  If so do you sell the babies??

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on June 30, 2020, 03:57:47 PM
Willie, do your Altums ever spawn?  If so do you sell the babies??

No they haven't spawned yet. I have a friend that has 9 that he's trying to spawn but no success either. I may lend mine to him in hopes that we can get something going. Mine are F1's from Mike Troxell. He's spawned wild Altums a few times.
Willie