• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Sunday Already

Started by wsantia1, June 28, 2020, 07:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I've been up since 4:20 am. Just couldn't get back to sleep after a bathroom trip. It is going to be another hot and humid day here today. There is also a possibility of a T-Storm this afternoon.

Has anybody been impacted by the dust storm coming from Africa? It looks like it was in the Gulf about 15 hours ago?

Anyway currently it is 81 degrees with 72% humidity in the northern part of the Mid-Atlantic where I am. We'll get up to 88 degrees this afternoon but as usual we will probably go beyond that.

We are supposed to a community meeting later today to discuss some proposed changes by the HOA which is still under the developer control.

We do not agree with the proposals plus we are pissed off that they have not sent us any financial info since last year despite several homeowners including me requesting them.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie and Barb and Ron and may be Dennis later.  I had an early mow for about an hour and a quarter.  It's already 85 degrees with 79% humidity which is better than the 100% they had forecast.  It will keep going down but the temp will be going up.  At least I got the front and part of the side yard done.  That'll be it for today, though.  I'll take a shot at the rest of the side and up the sides of the dirt road tomorrow.  I love my mower.  She still cranks on the first pull.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Good late morning Willie and Liz!  Sunny, hot and humid here. Can't believe I am wanting rain, after all we had 2 weeks ago. But this heat and sun dry out the gardens so fast.  And evaporate pond water fast too.  I saw my huge bullfrog sitting on a rock next to the water the other night about midnight.  I never see him when it is light.  But I find his droppings on rocks, he eats a whole lot of bugs at night I see.

Looking forward to the shrimp talk tonight.  I wonder how Ron is, he has been gone from here a couple days.  AZ has the virus bad now.  Hope to hear from him today?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi Barb.  I just saw something that did my heart good.  Little Tink went outside and trotted up the road all the way to the property line.  She came back, had a drink and a bite to eat and is no back in bed.  No coughing since last night.  I may take her to the vet tomorrow but not for the hard deed.  To see if maybe steroids would help her, or perhaps there's something else now that I don't know about.  She loves being out of doors.  She used to be the great spotted bunny rabbit hunter in her day.  Staying in bed all day is not her choice.

LizStreithorst

Does anyone here have Platinum Angels for sale who ships?  There's a guy looking for some on Simply.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 28, 2020, 12:36:56 PM
Does anyone here have Platinum Angels for sale who ships?  There's a guy looking for some on Simply.

Just got rid of a bunch a couple of weeks ago. I let them go really cheap too.  huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Barb

That is good news about Tink.  Maybe the vet can give her more good times.  But it is fine with me if she doesn't kill and eat any more rabbits  :(
Barb

Ron Sower

...I made it!...Hi group!...

...all's well...just get busy and the day gets gone before I know it!...

...97 right now and going to 103...then next couple days low 90s...you should hear the people talk about the drop in temp!...they think it's exciting to have a 2-day "cold snap"... 8) 8) 8) 8)

...yes Az is having a rise in the Covid stuff...have one person in our community tested positive for it recently...dumbass not wearing a mask and going everywhere like she's immune to it... >:(  ....we're still staying close to home except for groceries and LFS stuff...wearing masks...distancing ourselves from others...using hand sanitizers like crazy and washing hands a lot...

...riots are not effecting us too much...in fact, we're hardly watching the news...I still have a couple shotguns and shells available should we have any intrusions...

...lazy day today...think I might work on my dragonstone this afternoon some...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good news a few minutes ago. I saw a tiny shrimp. Must be a newborn. For a while I thought it was a fleck of algae but then it moved and fast too.

I hope there are more. It's a shrimp only tank to eat won't be eaten. I didn't see anything berried but I am a novice and there are a lot of plants in the tank so mom must have been hiding.
Willie