• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 12:53:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Good Morning Thursday.

Started by wsantia1, June 25, 2020, 07:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is a beautiful start to the day but things may change in a hurry if the forecast holds up. It is currently 77 degrees under partly cloudy skies and we are supposed to get up to 83 F by this afternoon. We do have a 50% chance of rain/t-storms in the forecast for this afternoon and that's where things can get hairy.

I am planning to do my water changes today but sometimes I can get off track. If I get them done I will be ahead of my normal schedule by a day. Maybe that will encourage some breeding.

I hope everyone and has a wonderful day and just so you know, my coffee was great. 8) 8) 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, yep my coffee was also great.  Your weather is just the same as ours today.  We often have very similar weather even though you are several hundred miles north of us.  How far inland from the ocean are you?  We are 35 mi. 
I have a social distancing picnic with 6 ladies for lunch today.  In a carport.  I am taking them each a violet and we will all eat our sandwiches sitting far apart.  These are some of my garden club friends, haven't seen them since early March.  All are seniors.

Do you by chance have and breed any of Jon's Koi angels?  I know a buyer.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Morning Barb and Willie.  I have a dog coming in 45 minutes.  I'd rather have more rain than a dog but a dog is better than nothing.  It's overcast and muggy as hell outside but we only have a slight chance of rain.  Everywhere around had flash flood watches but we could use more.

Frank got back with me about the price of the wilds.  Pat suggested $25 each.  They're nice fish.  They're worth it.  He only has 20 total, and the mother died which is a damn shame, but if I get 8 it will give me enough to make the fish comfortable in the tank leaving him with 12 which will be plenty for him to grow out.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Howdy...!

...no coffee, but cereal was great...! I buy a pumpkin seed granola that Costco carries, add fresh or frozen blueberries, almond slices, and add a little blue agave syrup and milk.... |eat| |eat| |eat| |eat|...once a month I'll have a breve latte type coffee that Lucy makes and drinks all the time...

...I've decided that, even though the area in the back of the house is a nice little work station, I don't use it regularly to work my rocks...I have to put all the tools and items I use away each time and get them out again because of the potential wind bursts and possible monsoon rains that will be coming soon...It's os much easier and convenient to leave them on the tables on the carport...then I just pop out, do a little work or glue something together, go back in and do something else while the glue cures, then go back and just sit down and do another part of the project or parts of multiple projects...

...We're going to go out in a little bit and buy a little end table that Lucy saw on Marketplace...then a fellow is coming over after 12 to purchase a huge red tiger lotus plant I'm taking out of the Congo tank to make room for several other plants....

...don't know yet what we'll do the rest of the day...but I do know it will be a warm day...up to 110 maybe and 4% humidity with a couple clouds around..

...Y'all have a good rest of your day and may your inner sunshine brighten the day for all you meet!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on June 25, 2020, 09:07:05 AM
Good morning Willie, yep my coffee was also great.  Your weather is just the same as ours today.  We often have very similar weather even though you are several hundred miles north of us.  How far inland from the ocean are you?  We are 35 mi. 
I have a social distancing picnic with 6 ladies for lunch today.  In a carport.  I am taking them each a violet and we will all eat our sandwiches sitting far apart.  These are some of my garden club friends, haven't seen them since early March.  All are seniors.

Do you by chance have and breed any of Jon's Koi angels?  I know a buyer.
Barb

Barb, I have two of Jon's Koi angels. They are too young to breed yet. I lost a bunch of them during the shipment from Jon to me. We never got a chance replace them. :(  Hopefully they are a male and a female.

If not I have a few Koi left from Ed's line that I'll put together with Jon's. I believe Ed's line was somewhat related to Jon's. It will probably be a winter project.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Oh my, it's way dark way early.  The wind is picking up.  Looks like we're in for a good 'un.  I hope it's not just wind.  Gimme the rain!

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 25, 2020, 05:40:05 PM
Oh my, it's way dark way early.  The wind is picking up.  Looks like we're in for a good 'un.  I hope it's not just wind.  Gimme the rain!

I hope you get some rain too Liz. |^| |^| |^| A nasty T-Storm just missed us to the north but the associated clouds and wind cooled us off a bit.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Willie.  It calmed down a bit but it looks like it's fixing to come in again.  Funny how these seem to come in waves.  Oh goodie!  I just saw lightening!  Bring it on Mother Nature ;D