• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Hump Day Once Again

Started by wsantia1, June 24, 2020, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Indeed it is. Good morning everyone. Waiting on some shrimp keeping supplies from Amazon including a new GH/KH test kit and something called Bacter AE. I know that I will probably find my lost GH/KH test kit as soon as I open the new one.

Anyway it is currently 81 degrees and going up to 87 degrees this afternoon. It is partly cloudy and the humidity is only at 58%. There is also 0% chance of rain so I better get ready to water.

I haven't made the video that I was supposed to make for my sister yet so I better get it done today otherwise my nieces will probably disown me.  huh

Hope everyone has a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  The rain that they had promised for so long finally came.  Gentle at first, then hard but now none at all.  It's supposed to be rainy most of today and all of tomorrow.  I hope so.

I've been debating with myself on whether or not to buy some month old F1 Discus.  I'm gonna get my bills paid, buy my car plate, and give a couple hundred to the credit card and then decide.  I know that thinks will be tight this month if I decide to do it but I do have $500. I'm hiding from myself in my stash of cash.

Need to go to town for a tiny little allen wrench and hit the beer store for more nicotine.  I spend too damn much on my vices, but I love my vices.  At least I grow my own pot.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz!  Sounds like you are both keeping busy.  Willie are your shrimp blue from Liz or do you have other colors?  And Liz who are you getting discus from?  Brave to order in hot weather!  It is over 90 today and humid too.  A good day to stay inside in the AC.  But I do have some yard work anyway.  My newly set up pond waterfall is working well, sometimes a leak is involved, glad not this time. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

They're from Frank on Simply.  He has some excellent babies that he has grown out from his wild pair.  He has this loooong thread on Simply.  You may want to read the first few and last few pages.  He and I are PMing now.  He asked me to suggest a price he should sell them for but I can't do that.  These are very fine quality F1 wilds.  I told him to ask Pat.  Pricing of these is outside of my area of expertise, besides, even if I did have a clue it would be uncomfortable to me to tell him how much to ask for them. 

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on June 24, 2020, 12:49:02 PM
Hi Willie and Liz!  Sounds like you are both keeping busy.  Willie are your shrimp blue from Liz or do you have other colors?  And Liz who are you getting discus from?  Brave to order in hot weather!  It is over 90 today and humid too.  A good day to stay inside in the AC.  But I do have some yard work anyway.  My newly set up pond waterfall is working well, sometimes a leak is involved, glad not this time. 
Barb

I only have blue shrimp from Liz. If these work out I will be look to expand my collection. I'm preparing for the day when I can't handle big tanks and lots of water changes and I think shrimp tanks may keep me somewhat active in the hobby as I get older.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I want yellow neocardia next, but I'm not ready yet. 

Barb

You know Willie, I agree with you.  A small nicely planted tank with cute little shrimp would be great if I can't or don't want to do fish anymore, especially Discus and Angels who I love.  I also enjoy my Lime Green Endlers alot so I could have a little tank of them and a shrimp tank. Both so easy to care for.
Barb

Barb

Liz, I read some of his thread.  If I was going to get some of those young ones, I would offer no more than $25 ea.  And that is if they were 1" or more.  Ask Pat, I bet she knows.
Barb

LizStreithorst

He will ask Pat and let me know what he decides.  They are extremely nice babies for 1 month of age.  I'm thinking of $20 or 25 each myself.  If they're more than $25 I'll pass.  I'll need at least 6 but I'd prefer 8.  Al shipped his babies that looked younger than Franks USPS Express and almost all of them arrived happy and healthy, even the 2 boxes that the PO lost for a few days.  All asked $15. each for his.  But Franks are F1 wilds.