• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 138
Total: 139

Good Tuesday to you my friends

Started by LizStreithorst, June 23, 2020, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I had a dog at 10 but she cancelled because she had waited so long because of the Covid that the poor little dog's anal glands ruptured and she had to take Annie to the vet.  She'll come back in a couple of weeks.  Because I was expecting someone, I actually tidied up the pig sty. 

All of Mississippi is raining buckets but I'm in this little circle of the rainy area where it's clear sunny and dry.  We sure do need a good rain.  I thought that may be hanging a load of laundry to try would encourage it to rain, but the laundry is not clean, dry, folded and put away.  May be it would help if I were to wash the Peamite.  At least the wind has started to pick up.  Other places have even had hail, but I'd pass on the hail part if given a choice.
I did some maintenance on my RO unit and installed my booster pump.  The product water is coming out in buckets full of 0 TDS water.

Little Tink is still with me.  Still coughing but not continuously.  She sleeps most of the night and most of the day and when she goes outdoors she enjoys having a nice bark and eating the dirt from the little holes the other dogs have dug.  She eats well and drinks well and poops well and pees well, so although the time is growing near she's not ready to say good bye to life quite yet.

I have nothing else planned for the day.  I'll spend a bit of time out with the chickens and thinking about landscaping.  I'm thinking of edging around the big trees.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everybody. All is good here although it is hot and humid as hell out there. The current temperature is 90 degrees but with the humidity the feels like temp is 109. Ouch.

I was out earlier today picking up medicated food for Kobe from the vet and I stopped at the Petco on the way home. I picked up a couple of 10G tanks just in case I need them for the shrimp.

While at the Petco I also picked up a couple of Nerite nails to help me with brown algae in a certain tank. They clean up algae really good and don't reproduce in fresh water.

The rest of the day I just plan to stay cool. I may take a nap though.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Another day where they promised rain and later say it won't come until tomorrow.  Then they say it will rain all day Thursday, too.  If it doesn't rain tomorrow like they say, I'll get the sprinkler going.  It would be running today but I kept hoping that they were correct.  Water from God is so much better than water from the hose.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Now that is a nice water thought Liz!  I like that one.
I have been working on my pond most of the day, besides helping Bill and my mom.  I had one of my 7 goldfish sucked into and killed by one of my pumps.  I can't let that happen ever again.  So I redid my filter and waterfall.  Liz I bet I lifted a ton of rocks redoing that waterfall.  Good thing I am strong.  I just had to make sure I didn't fall in.  I didn't.  It has been hot and humid all day.
Barb