• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:45:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Monday morn.

Started by Barb, June 22, 2020, 05:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning!  Since I am here with a shrimp report for Liz I thought to say hi here.  So far, at 7am, it is sunny, humid and going to get hot.  Another busy day for me, as usual.  Later I will report what all I did.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. My Monday is off to a good start as there were no dead shrimp or fish this morning.

It is currently 80 degrees and sunny with high temps getting up to 85F. My personal forecast says it will probably get hotter. There is also a 20% chance of rain.

I don't have much on the agenda today but I do have to make a short video congratulating my little sister on her upcoming retirement. She is a pediatrician in Minneapolis and lives and works just blocks away from where George Floyd was killed.

The rest of the day I will just be lounging around.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning everyone.  I'll be headed to Auto Zone later and to the supermarket.  First I have to wash my hair again as it still has motor oil in it after 2 shampoos.  Maybe I'll use dawn on it this time. I use Head and Shoulders on greasy dogs and it does great and makes the hair soft and easy to brush out as well.  But the only time I ever used it it gave me dandruff!

Last night I spoke to my gardening guru.  He gave me excellent advice on how to renovate my front lawn.  He could see the picture of what I wanted it to be like in his head.  He told me to use centipede grass rather than the Saint Augustine that I had thought about using.  Because it won't require sodding or sprigging it will be easier on my budget.

After we were though with our chat I realized that I have these damn free range chickens.  I'll have to put up a lot of temporary fencing until it gets established.  The round upping, tilling, raking out the lumps and bumps and holes so everything is smooth and even, plus the seeding was going to be a big enough job for me.  Fencing is something else I'll have to tackle if I'm going to have to tackle. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, piss.  This is turning in to one of those days where everything I try turns so shit.  I quick ran this morning and put Charlotte in the carport when I started to feel drops of rain.  She was sitting where I changed her oil with her hood and windows open.  When I closed the hood, a piece of hose from the air filter came off.  I forgot that it was there.  Now I can't open the hood to get the old air filter out. 

I think I'll go to the grocery store and see if I screw that up, too.

Ron Sower

...happy Monday...!  95 now and going to 106+ with sunny skies and low humidity...! |^|

...Father's day was nice...Facetimed with my step daughter and granddaughter in Tacoma...was messaging with my daughter in Virginia on and off thru the day...our relationship seems to be improving...

...did a bunch of little 15-minute projects thru the house in the morning and vacuumed (it took more than 15 minutes!)...took shrimp over to the LFS and picked up some rainbows for a friend that I'll meet with this afternoon at another LFS...we're trading some plants too...making the most of the afternoon out, I'm going to stop at a couple other guys for some trading and purchases too...

...I changed out a submersible pump in the new 24g barb tank we have in the game room...the one that came with it was really loud, so I asked the manufacturer to replace it and they did, only with one that was louder...so I ordered a cheap SunSun from Amazon..and replaced it yesterday with a totally satisfying result...pindrop quiet! |^|...then the cichlid tank got a water change after we watched a movie last night on Prime TV...we've dumped Netflix...

...Lucy has make a bunch of greeting cards for a resident here in the community and she and her cousin are coming by this morning to get them and visit at 10:30...busy day ahead of me...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 22, 2020, 11:27:14 AM
Well, piss.  This is turning in to one of those days where everything I try turns so shit.  I quick ran this morning and put Charlotte in the carport when I started to feel drops of rain.  She was sitting where I changed her oil with her hood and windows open.  When I closed the hood, a piece of hose from the air filter came off.  I forgot that it was there.  Now I can't open the hood to get the old air filter out. 

I think I'll go to the grocery store and see if I screw that up, too.
...deeep breaths and calm thoughts... w!w
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

A solution would be better than deep breaths, but I haven't figured a solution out yet.

Barb

Hi Liz, no rush on seeding for a Centipede lawn.  You can't do it in summer.  It is the grass we all have here so I am quite familiar with it.  Sod only, in summer. And even then you have to flood it with water all summer. Seed in early Spring, so it can sprout and start growing before the heat .  And the seed is expensive so you don't want to lose it to heat.

Hope your auto probs. work out OK.  Take care
Barb

LizStreithorst

I feel better now.  When I drove into town I bothered Chip at the tractor fix it place to ask his advice.  He's so good to me, just because he likes me.  I asked him not to call me a dumb douche because I already know that and told him what I had done.
He said that what I need is my neighbor who was a line backer in high school and is still built like one so sit on my hood while I pull the lever under the hood.  It's a two person job that requires one fat ass and another person to pull the lever while the fat ass is sitting on the hood.

Then, while I was looking at my neighbor's fence which is a lovely fence, I saw her outside.  Her husband Jack is home from the hospital.  She is still run ragged and totally exhausted from the stress of the time we didn't know if he would live or die in the hospital.  Now she's being exhausted by a husband who had a mind of his own.  He actually tried to run away from home the other day because she lost her patience at him and he wasn't having any of it.  Poor Judy...She showed me a pic of her line backer son in law's broken hand.  He's going to be off work for several weeks and she needs his help more than I need his fat ass.  At least I know that there is a solution to my problem.  That's good enough.

Thanks for the info, Barb.  I wasn't planning on doing the tilling and smoothing and planting until April.  Now I'll have to start doing the fence building in Oct or November when it gets cooler.  I'll just make a temporary fence.  It will be ugly.  But I still have to find away to come up with the money to buy 200' of fencing.