• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89

Father's Day Sunday

Started by Barb, June 21, 2020, 07:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning!  Happy Father's Day to the Dads here!  Hope you all have a great day.  I am taking Bill for a long drive to the beach today.  I know a route that goes close to the water for several miles.  Lots to see.  We will have lunch in the car parked next to the water behind a big hotel at the beach. 
Barb 

wsantia1

Thanks Barb and good morning to you and everyone. Also Happy Father's Day to all of the father's and father figures on here.

It is going to be a little steamy here with the humidity at 93% but that's to be expected after all of the T-Storms we had yesterday. We will have plenty of sunshine today with temps going up to 85 degrees. It is currently 75 degrees and quite sticky.

I will have a quiet day with a few phone calls (Face Time) from the kids and grandkids and I'll make a nice dinner and probably have a drink or two. I have Cornish hen and shrimp (not dwarf) on the menu.

On a side note whatever killed my shrimp yesterday didn't wipe out all of them so I will just keep doing what I've been doing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy Fathers day to dads and happy Sunday to the rest of us.  I was pretty worthless yesterday because I was slightly hung over.  I could have pushed through but decided it was easier to just take it easy and do only the necessary stuff.  It was a bad day and night for poor old Tink, too.  She coughed all day and all night.  Today she is doing better, but I'm going to have to do he hard thing this week, I'm sure.

I changed the oil on Charlotte.  It took me forever to dig up a 15mm socket for my 1/2 ratchet but just as I was running out of hope I found one.  After that the oil and filter replacement was easy peasy.  I didn't think to tie back my hair so it's oily but a good shampoo will take care of that.

I thought, "Good.  Now all I need to do is change the air filter."  Ha!  It took me forever to get the air filter cover off.  Removing the 2 wing nuts was no problem, but the cover had to be pried off.  It took a lot of inappropriate tools, but finally I got that SOB off.  I put the new filter in and then couldn't put the cover back on.  I put all my weight on it.  I beat it with tools.  I tried everything and tried forever.   Finally I decided to compare the old filter with the new one.  The computer told the auto parts guy the wrong thing.  I put the old one back in and will go back to auto zone tomorrow to buy a new one.  I can't asked them to replace it for free because I got my dirty oil fingers all over it.  Oh well, at least it has clean oil and a clean oil filter.

Everyone I sent my blue shrimp to needs to check theirs for white things on their head.  I saw them on some of mine and Googled it.  It's a parasite but it doesn't generally kill the shrimp.  It lives off of plant detritus.   It can lay it's eggs on them though and it can weaken them and shorten their lives.  The treatment is to net them out and put the in a solution of 1 Tablespoon of salt to 1 cup of water for 30 seconds.  I did it and it works but they say you may have to repeat the treatment a few times to get the new ones that hatch out.  I just noticed this yesterday so hopefully the fish I sent to you are clean.
Always move forward. Never look back.