• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Morning All

Started by BallAquatics, June 20, 2020, 08:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Hope this finds everyone in good health and high spirits!

Going to be a beautiful day here in central Ohio.  Lazy day too, nothing much planned.

Dennis

Barb

Hi Dennis!  Good to see you here!  Have you had many good bike rides lately?  Work going OK during these crazy times?  We're OK here, all things considered.  Willie, Liz, Ron and I are keeping this fun little forum going.  Please keep checking in with us OK?
Barb

BallAquatics

Quote from: Barb on June 20, 2020, 08:08:10 AM
Hi Dennis!  Good to see you here!  Have you had many good bike rides lately?  Work going OK during these crazy times?  We're OK here, all things considered.  Willie, Liz, Ron and I are keeping this fun little forum going.  Please keep checking in with us OK?
Barb

Hi Barb, great to be here.  I check-in several times a week, but don't post too often.

I've ridden more in the past year than at any time in my life!  With climate change, we have very mild winters any more.  Sometimes I think I should quit working and just head out on the bike the see this great country of ours....  it's on my bucket list. LOL

Work has just been crazy, and unfortunately, I think Walmart and I are getting very close to parting ways.  They have me doing everything except what I hired in to do, and it is making me uncomfortable.

Take care - Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 20, 2020, 08:03:38 AM

Going to be a beautiful day here in central Ohio.  Lazy day too, nothing much planned.

Dennis
...What?...no protesting?...no rioting?...no looting?... What's wrong with you and everybody in Tremont?... huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 20, 2020, 09:11:52 AM
Quote from: Barb on June 20, 2020, 08:08:10 AM
Barb

Hi Barb, great to be here.  I check-in several times a week, but don't post too often.

I've ridden more in the past year than at any time in my life!  With climate change, we have very mild winters any more.  Sometimes I think I should quit working and just head out on the bike the see this great country of ours....  it's on my bucket list. LOL

Work has just been crazy, and unfortunately, I think Walmart and I are getting very close to parting ways.  They have me doing everything except what I hired in to do, and it is making me uncomfortable.

Take care - Dennis
...I've heard this very same thing from several friends in our age group...not just about Walmart, but other companies as well...I'll bet you're one who steps in to do something at work of your own volition when younger workers just stand or sit around texting or gamin on their phones...instead of firing the younger ones, they just ask more of you because they know you will do it...am I right?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...good morning!...Wow! the humidity is up today! ...It's at 7%...! :D  ...temp is a mild 86 now and will go to about 103-105 today...

...Played Samba again yesterday afternoon and last evening with SnB...Dinner was Popeye's fried chicken that Barb picked up...I love it but since I had the gall bladder removed, any kind of greasy food creates a lot of burping...I'm not sure it's worth it anymore...

...this place has a dripline irrigation system with all the outlets capped off...I can't even find where they all are...yesterday I turned the water source on and forgot about it...when SnB were leaving last night and we were walking them to their cart, I notices water seeping on the lawn...HAH!..one of the 1/4" lines just under the surface of the gravel had split!...that's one way to locate the driplines!...So now I can start working on that project...I need to run lines to all our pots with cacti in them...

...but I think today i will concentrate on some bookkeeping for the rentals and completing the work on the fireplace...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  I'm mildly hung over this morning so I didn't get any mowing done. 

Pretty soon I'll be getting a lot of tomatoes.  I have 4 that will be ready for picking later today.  I'll have a BLT po boy later today that will use one.  Then I'll be switching to shrimp po boys for the next couple of days.  Then I'll use a couple more when I make tabbouleh.  After that I may start making my own tomato sauce or canning some.  Seeing all my work paying off better than I imagined is such a joy.  I even started thinking about enlarging the area next year.  I ain't gonna start anything in the middle of summer, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 20, 2020, 10:32:52 AM
Good morning friends.  I'm mildly hung over this morning so I didn't get any mowing done. 

Pretty soon I'll be getting a lot of tomatoes.  I have 4 that will be ready for picking later today.  I'll have a BLT po boy later today that will use one.  Then I'll be switching to shrimp po boys for the next couple of days.  Then I'll use a couple more when I make tabbouleh.  After that I may start making my own tomato sauce or canning some.  Seeing all my work paying off better than I imagined is such a joy.  I even started thinking about enlarging the area next year.  I ain't gonna start anything in the middle of summer, though.
...my cousins can a lot of salsa with their tomatoes...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 20, 2020, 10:06:27 AM
Quote from: BallAquatics on June 20, 2020, 08:03:38 AM

Dennis
...What?...no protesting?...no rioting?...no looting?... What's wrong with you and everybody in Tremont?... huh

LOL  Fortunately, we are constrained by our common sense Ron.  I haven't heard anyone suggest we burn down Tony's auto repair shop, or Mike's fabrication business because of something that happened in another state.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 20, 2020, 10:11:22 AM

Take care - Dennis
...I've heard this very same thing from several friends in our age group...not just about Walmart, but other companies as well...I'll bet you're one who steps in to do something at work of your own volition when younger workers just stand or sit around texting or gamin on their phones...instead of firing the younger ones, they just ask more of you because they know you will do it...am I right?...

Well, that's definitely part of it Ron. It's amazing just how many workers in the stores these days are older folks.  I just interviewed with a fellow at Home Depot the other day and he told me he's not even looking at younger people because of the problems associated with their work ethic.  He was probably late 30's, or early 40's himself.

My biggest problem with Walmart is that they have closed the auto center and expect the auto tech's to work during high customer volume hours in areas with the most customers.  Some how they believe we are more protected from the virus in that environment than we are working on cars in a shop where customers are not allowed.

I voiced my concerns to the store manager and was going to change my hours so that I was not in the store over the weekend, but was told that wasn't acceptable.  Fortunately, Walmart has a policy that if you are not comfortable in your work environment you can simple request time off.  Using that policy, I'm off the next two weeks and may file for an extension after that.

I don't have any issues with working, but I'm not risking my health for the sake of Walmart.  Once again, I'm fortunate in that I don't have to work, I work because I choose to.  It's sad that there are so many older folks there that simply don't have the option of not working under these conditions.

Dennis

wsantia1

Good afternoon all. It's been a rough day here so far with T-Storms rampaging through the county all day. To make matters worse I woke to 3 nice blue shrimp dead on the bottom of the tank and another two not looking good at all.

I tested the tank water and it tested great: 0 ammonia. 0 nitrites, 5 on the nitrate scale and the temp at 72 degrees. I don't have a GH/KH test kit (can't find it) so I didn't test that. I am puzzled because they were all looking good and active last night. Scratching my head right now.  huh

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 20, 2020, 02:14:07 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on June 20, 2020, 10:11:22 AM

Take care - Dennis

Well, that's definitely part of it Ron. It's amazing just how many workers in the stores these days are older folks.  I just interviewed with a fellow at Home Depot the other day and he told me he's not even looking at younger people because of the problems associated with their work ethic.  He was probably late 30's, or early 40's himself.

My biggest problem with Walmart is that they have closed the auto center and expect the auto tech's to work during high customer volume hours in areas with the most customers.  Some how they believe we are more protected from the virus in that environment than we are working on cars in a shop where customers are not allowed.

I voiced my concerns to the store manager and was going to change my hours so that I was not in the store over the weekend, but was told that wasn't acceptable.  Fortunately, Walmart has a policy that if you are not comfortable in your work environment you can simple request time off.  Using that policy, I'm off the next two weeks and may file for an extension after that.

I don't have any issues with working, but I'm not risking my health for the sake of Walmart.  Once again, I'm fortunate in that I don't have to work, I work because I choose to.  It's sad that there are so many older folks there that simply don't have the option of not working under these conditions.

Dennis
...yes, I see a lot of older people working in the stores now than 5-10 years ago...like you, they just want to work and many really have to...We are fortunate in that we had a serious financial loss a few years back, but we've managed to still be able to retire and we get to do what we enjoy in our hobbies and social lives...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron