• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

Happy Thursday!

Started by LizStreithorst, June 18, 2020, 10:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I just pruned my blueberry bushes.  It's the first time I've touched them since I planted them 12 years ago.  I can't believe that I'm responsible for all that carnage ???  Now I'll bring Charlotte out and we'll go collecting cut branches and dead stuff that has fallen from the trees, and take it all to the burn pile.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Hey gang!  It's time someone came on and said howdy.  I've had a lovely productive day and may take the rest of day off.  I did all the stuff I said plus do a load of laundry and give poor dirty Charlotte a bath.  I mucked out all the weeds I could around the blueberries and then sprayed Roundup on what was left.  I want to wait until we get some rain to sprinkle cottonseed meal around them and then (God help me) buy another dang load of mulch.  Frying good bacon for a BLT with another of my home grown 'maters.

Barb

Howdy Liz!  You have had a good productive day already I see.  Do you get blueberries from those bushes you trimmed?  I just got 2 pints of local ones, really good.  They grow lots of them around here.  I took Bill for a long country drive.  It is about the only thing he enjoys now.  We ate lunch in the car by the river first.  Now to get some work done while he has a long nap.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, Blueberries are my favorite, well them and a good Alabama peach which are at the fruit stand right now.  Anyway I, the greatest blueberry lover of them all, got so many berries from those 3 bushes that I was tired of them just before they quit producing.  I even let one of the customers I like pick a batch for her to take home.  I think it's amazing that they gave me this huge bounty having gotten no care whatsoever.

Sounds like Bill has had a reasonably good day.  I know how he loves the country.  I wish I had gotten to meet him before he got so sick. 

Hope you get some fun time in for yourself.  I think I'll go out, sit in the shade, and call the chickens up for their daily treat.

Ron Sower

...AWOL...sorry! the last few days have been really busy...yesterday was Lucy's birthday and we just did what she wanted to do all day...she did some paper crafting which she dearly loves to do, and I worked on my rocks and a WC in the cichlid tank...we went to our favorite local sub shop for lunch and her favorite pizza place for dinner...she likes to eat out much more than I do!... ;)

...reading a fictional book by a local author about Kokopelli, the Indian mythical character so well known around here...he was a trader and traveled from village to village with the wares he'd get in trade at one village to trade in the next...the villagers all love it when he came...and the chiefs all presented him with the most beautiful woman of the village to "comfort" him thru the nights he stayed with them...this is how he became know as an image of fertility...not a bad gig I guess...unless at the end of the book and he dies of a VD...! :D :D :D

...this morning I moved my little rock work area from the carport to the back yard area that is shaded by the arbor vitae that I've been cleaning out a little at a time...the only thing that concerns me is monsoon weather...it has been so nice just to leave my tools and rocks, etc. out on my little work tables...now I will most likely have to put everything away and get them out again because of winds and the rains...I even have an electrical outlet back there for my Dremel tool...we'll see how it works out...

...temps are 100 today and up to 106 thru the weekend...still not bad...over 110 it gets to be a little hot...!!!! :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Haha Ron, that must be because it is a dry heat, right?  I lived in dry heat before and know what a difference it makes.  I hate our humidity, people say I will get used to it, but have been in it since early 1970. I am still not used to it.  I could live in the desert for sure, and would have a fabulous cactus/succulent collection.
Barb wfwf

wsantia1

Hi everybody. I'm the late one to the party today. I was busy working with the fish and then I started to work on the garage. By the time I looked up it was already dinner time.

The weather wasn't bad here but it was a little humid. Our high temp was about 80 but it has cooled to to a nice 73 at the moment.

Ron I wish Lucy a belated Happy Birthday. I'm sure you made her day great. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...I'll do that, Willie...she enjoyed it!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron