• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:50:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146

Monday Doings

Started by wsantia1, June 15, 2020, 07:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I slept great last night and I feel fully refreshed. We are supposed to have decent weather today before the rain ant heat return midweek.

It is current;y 67 degrees with a forecast high of 75F. I'll take that everyday of the year. The humidity level has crept up to 64% but there is a zero chance of rain.

Kobe and I have already gone for our daily 2.5 mile walk around and through the park and now I'm going to make breakfast and think about what I am going to do today.

The garage needs some cleaning up but that is a slow multiple day job. I will probably chip away at it for about an hour or so. I can see myself getting hurt messing around in there.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie.  I had a good sleep, too,  I finished up my mowing just now.  It looks good.  I need to get round=upping the areas I didn't get to last time.  It won't be tomorrow.  I have a dog early.  He's a labradoodle puppy 4 months.  His first time.  I might be in for a rodeo.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2020, 09:09:36 AM
Morning Willie.  I had a good sleep, too,  I finished up my mowing just now.  It looks good.  I need to get round=upping the areas I didn't get to last time.  It won't be tomorrow.  I have a dog early.  He's a labradoodle puppy 4 months.  His first time.  I might be in for a rodeo.

Hi Liz, a 4 month old labradoodle should be fun. lol
Willie

LizStreithorst

I worked on him a bit just to see how crazy he was,  This was a week ago when I did the owner's other 2 dogs.  He wasn't bad at all for a 4 month doodle puppy but he's spooky around the face and head.  I'm pretty sure I can get him to relax.  I'm looking forward to it, in a way.  It's been a long time since I've trained a large breed puppy to be comfortable with being groomed.  It's always a challenge because every dog is different.  Calm hands and a calm voice are important as is the occasional, "NO!" when the dog starts acting like an idiot.

I got out a bit earlier and got another 3 gallons of Round-Up sprayed.  After lunch I'll call the vet and see if they can get me in to have an old dog euthanized.  16 years old.  Congestive heart failure.

Ron Sower

...hellos folks...

...we're in the 104-108 ranges yesterday and the foreseeable future according to the weather guys here...low humidity...

...did water change on the Congo tank last night...added few plants that Barb and Stan trimmed from their 75g...

...got in touch with a lady that does small swaps in a reefer group to see if we can go together and get a larger group of vendors and bring in enough $$ to rent a large hotel room for a decent sized swap...she's working a couple angles and I'm going to work a couple different ones...also need to find out if the hotels are able to have a function following safe social distancing rules...

...a couple more dragonstone re-creations have gone into the storage bins now...if we don't get to have a swap soon, I don't know what I'll do with them...I just got in 50 more pounds of rock and have started cleaning them up...this order I slashed my cost in half...! |^|

...I think I'll go join LUcy and her coffee with my cereal and chat with her to see if we can clean out the hall closet together...! that should be fun... wfwf

...I hate to have to put down an animal, Liz...feeling for you....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2020, 11:27:44 AM
I worked on him a bit just to see how crazy he was,  This was a week ago when I did the owner's other 2 dogs.  He wasn't bad at all for a 4 month doodle puppy but he's spooky around the face and head.  I'm pretty sure I can get him to relax.  I'm looking forward to it, in a way.  It's been a long time since I've trained a large breed puppy to be comfortable with being groomed.  It's always a challenge because every dog is different.  Calm hands and a calm voice are important as is the occasional, "NO!" when the dog starts acting like an idiot.

I got out a bit earlier and got another 3 gallons of Round-Up sprayed.  After lunch I'll call the vet and see if they can get me in to have an old dog euthanized.  16 years old.  Congestive heart failure.

Sorry about your pooch, Liz. My condolences and feelings are with you.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I've chickened out on the dog at least for today.  She coughs all night long and in the early morning but then she's OK for most of the afternoon, as long as I keep the AC cool enough for her.  The fish store is waiting for me to take them shrimp and fish so I'll do that instead.  My poor little Tink doesn't have long left, though.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 15, 2020, 01:10:41 PM
I've chickened out on the dog at least for today.  She coughs all night long and in the early morning but then she's OK for most of the afternoon, as long as I keep the AC cool enough for her.  The fish store is waiting for me to take them shrimp and fish so I'll do that instead.  My poor little Tink doesn't have long left, though.
:'( :'( :'( :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Sorry Liz, you have given Tink a wonderful long life.  It has been another all day of rain here, with at least 5 more to go.  Ron, want me to send you some?  I need some sun.  You all stay safe.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on June 15, 2020, 07:29:07 PM
Sorry Liz, you have given Tink a wonderful long life.  It has been another all day of rain here, with at least 5 more to go.  Ron, want me to send you some?  I need some sun.  You all stay safe.
Barb
Barb, how about I just send you some sun and you keep the rain. Monsoon season will start soon and that will be enough. But thank you anyway! ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron