• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 01:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

TGIF

Started by wsantia1, June 12, 2020, 08:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

At least for you folks on here that are still working regular shifts. Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a wonderful day as far as the weather is concerned.

It is currently 81 degrees and going up to 85 degrees this afternoon. It s sunny and the humidity is at 52% so it feels great.

I've got to do water changes and fix the faucet in the basement but that's not work. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy Friday, friends!  I got no mowing done this morning.  I slept until 7:30 after yesterday's long but productive day.  I was out in my pajamas putting the garbage out when my grooming customer who was supposed to come between 10:30 and 11 pulled into the driveway at 9.  At least that got my work done for the day.  The sun is out now in most of the areas that need mowing so I'm finally going to make my Tuscan chicken vegetable stew.

No zucchini again this morning :)  but there may be one ready by this afternoon :(.  I got another ripe 'mater, and my peas are getting going big time.  It will another beautiful day today, a bit warmer than yesterday, though.  It will be a very nice day to putter and play.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, and Ron later on.  Rainy here today, but no complaints from me this time, we really need it.  My rain barrel is full, took only a few minutes to fill it up, 50 gal.  I use it for my violets and indoor succulents and other house plants.

And also for my little Liz shrimp tank.  The live plants in there love the rainwater, they sure hate out tap water.  I have one healthy plant tank now.  Now I want some of the Jade shrimp I see on the FB shrimp group I joined.  They are just as gorgeous as the blues.  And I need more Cherries.  One little tank of each I think.  Maybe yellow too?  Some people at the FB group have "Skittles" tanks, lots of different colors in one tank.  I thought they would interbreed and make brown shrimp?  I have a lot to learn about my new favorite "fish".  And I still don't know if these colors are manmade? Like we do with discus and angels?
Barb

LizStreithorst

It all depends on the species of the shrimps.  Mine are Neocardia.  If you mix the colors together they will breed with other shrimp of the same species and eventually result in the brown wild type.  Shrimp other than neocardia require different water parameters and temps.  If you see a type of shrimp that turns you on, check out the requirements for that particular species.

wsantia1

I thought I had logged in again since this morning but I was mistaken. My internet went down for a while so I didn't even looked at the computer until now.

I did get all of my water changes done and I fixed the faucet. I even squeezed out a few sponges. Now I'm just going to relax for a while.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I should have been out mowing after the sun went down and it got shady.  But the evening for me has become relaxation time.  I sit outside and look at all the flowers and colors and listen to all the bird sounds.  If anything can be more calming and restful I don't know what it is. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 12, 2020, 08:05:40 PM
I should have been out mowing after the sun went down and it got shady.  But the evening for me has become relaxation time.  I sit outside and look at all the flowers and colors and listen to all the bird sounds.  If anything can be more calming and restful I don't know what it is.
...we sit on our carport in the morning if it's not too hot, and Lucy has her coffee and I have my cereal...it is so peaceful...
...I'm cleaning up an area in the back of the house that is overgrown with the Arbor Vitae...I'm thinking about putting pavers down and sitting there some too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron