• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 06:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 251
Total: 252

It's Hump Day Once Again

Started by wsantia1, June 10, 2020, 07:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I guess for me and some others here there is no real "Hump Day" as everyday seems like the same day to me.

Anyway it is going to be a hot one here on the "Upper Mid-Atlantic". It is currently 76 degrees and we are headed to 91 this afternoon. The humidity is at 89% and there is only going to be a 10% chance of rain. We won't be cooling off for at least a couple of days.

This is a good day to do water changes since I'll be inside most of the day. Hopefully I don't get distracted and veer off course.

On a positive not, my coffee was great and I'm feeling good. 8) 8) 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Mornin' Willie, I see you have real summer weather now.  Ours is similar but not as high numbers, yet.  It is windy this morning, maybe rain later, we need it.  I need to spend some time working on my discus and angel tanks today, more than just the wc's.  All fish are healthy and pretty.  And I sure enjoy those tiny blue shrimp, I even joined a FB shrimp group.  It is very active, people all over the world belong and post and there are lots of pics.  I had no idea there was such huge interest in shrimp.  And oh the colors they come in.  One thing I don't know yet, are these colors all man made?  Are they really these colors in nature??  I fixed us shrimp for dinner last eve. and for some reason I didn't enjoy eating them as usual. ;D
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  I went to the dentist this morning to have the crown that I pulled off due to over aggressive flossing.  I fessed up.  It was all my fault.  He etched the tooth with an chemical.  I'd never had that before so he told me about it.  He said that few dentists know about it and even fewer use it as it is expensive.  He said that it open up the pores of the enamel so that when the advised is applied it allows the crown to adhere to the tooth better.  He said that it's the best stuff made by man.  He actually spent a good bit of time on me.  And what's even better, there was no charge. 

It rained last night and most of the morning but the sun is out now which make me feel better.  They say a cold front will come through tonight.  It will be nice to get rid of all the heat and humidity for a while.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

WOW, you got FREE dental work?  That is a rare, almost unheard of thing. I have never experienced such a thing. 

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 10, 2020, 01:37:45 PM
Good afternoon friends.  I went to the dentist this morning to have the crown that I pulled off due to over aggressive flossing.  I fessed up.  It was all my fault.  He etched the tooth with an chemical.  I'd never had that before so he told me about it.  He said that few dentists know about it and even fewer use it as it is expensive.  He said that it open up the pores of the enamel so that when the advised is applied it allows the crown to adhere to the tooth better.  He said that it's the best stuff made by man.  He actually spent a good bit of time on me.  And what's even better, there was no charge. 

It rained last night and most of the morning but the sun is out now which make me feel better.  They say a cold front will come through tonight.  It will be nice to get rid of all the heat and humidity for a while.

I'm having a similar procedure tomorrow. I don't know if I will be lucky to have no charge. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

He'll get some money Monday.  A tooth that he told me was not long for this life started to ache.  Then the pain went away and even though I know better I decided that I imagined it.  Tooth started aching again today so I called a few hours ago for an appointment to have the sucker pulled.  I popped a couple of prednisone that I had left over from my bout with pneumonia and it's not hurting now.

Barb

You better believe I am jealous!  Never happened yet to me.  Glad you two got some good and free work done.  Liz, when do you get your tooth pulled or filled?  Willie do you need an implanted tooth?  I hear they cost $1000 per tooth? 
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's going to have to be pulled.  It will be Monday at 1:30.  So far today it has only hurt once, and it's easing up more as I type.  I know that I need an antibiotic too because I've been through this many times.  But the oral steroids reduce the inflammation.  that keeps the pain away until the tooth gets worse.  I want to make it through until Monday at 1:30.  We well see if my tooth wins or I win. 

It has been a great day so far.  The dogs I groomed put me behind all day.  I did without the half hour back rest and was late with all my chores, but everything is done now except boiling down my chicken stock and putting it in the fridge and feeding the horse. 

My lawn as been shouting at me to mow it but there was no way today.  Depending on how I feel, if I'm not hurting I'll mow some early.  My grooming customer won't be coming until 11. 

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on June 11, 2020, 06:29:29 PM
You better believe I am jealous!  Never happened yet to me.  Glad you two got some good and free work done.  Liz, when do you get your tooth pulled or filled?  Willie do you need an implanted tooth?  I hear they cost $1000 per tooth? 
Barb

No need for an implant at this time. I won't say never. My dentist's daughter just got her dental license and she did most of the work on my tooth yesterday and let me say she was great. There were no adjustments needed as the new tooth fit into the slot perfectly. |^| |^| |^|
Willie