• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 05:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Club meetings

Started by Ron Sower, June 11, 2020, 07:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...with this quarantining and distancing stuff going on, it's been a pain to try to have our club meetings...we did a virtual one with Zoom that went pretty good but got low participation...it was my PowerPoint presentation on sponge filtration...

..one of our directors has suggested that we have an auction or swap meet in her backyard...it's really too hot in my opinion to do that outside because people whine about the heat here...even though it's a dry heat!... :D  however, it can get too hot for the fish and plants out in the sun on tables...we're going to get on the chats tonight and see what we might work out...

...the second thing we are setting up is a Zoom shrimp talk with Erik Lucas on the 28th...I'll be trying to contact him today or tomorrow to get that set up...I think it would be right to offer him a stipend for his time and knowledge...normally we would pay for his travel expenses and meals...

...anyway, we'll get thru this one way or another...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

I would love to attend the shrimp zoom talk.  Any way I could do that Ron?  I have not zoomed yet.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on June 11, 2020, 06:30:45 PM
I would love to attend the shrimp zoom talk.  Any way I could do that Ron?  I have not zoomed yet.
Barb
....SURE!...Did you join our FB group?  I think you did ...the link with invitation will be posted there...if you didn't, send me your email address...

...I'm getting on a chat with our board members this evening...we may change and use a Google virtual meeting platform...I'll let you know...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron