• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:46:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Saturday in my garden

Started by Barb, June 06, 2020, 10:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Yep, that is where I have been all morning.  Wish I could do this everyday.  But now it looks like rain,which will be good to water my work.  And maybe cool it off here.  Summer weather is here now.  Hope you all have a good day.  Thinking of Jon, my coffee was great this morning, as always.  I sure miss him.
Barb

Ron Sower

...I'm up a little earlier today...it's about 77 right now and going up to 92 today, so a little dip in the temp for about 4 days...

...just about finished the mountain range for my friend's tank...it's looking pretty good...trying to load pic for you...

...had my first sighting of berried blue shrimp yesterday!...I got them on the 24th of May...

...played cards again yesterday afternoon...went to a cowboy bar for dinner...wasn't impressed with my salad...wimpy lettuce...came back and had cheesecake for dessert...then played more cards...Lucy and I took beatings from Stan and Barb... :-[ :-[ :-[

...going to paint more on the fireplace this morning until my shoulder gives out, then going to help Stan set up his RO system...

...just received a text from the fellow that was going to rent that a family issue has come up and he can't move right now...bummer...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Lovely display, Ron.  I'm sure your friend will love it.

Barb, we all miss Jon.  But at least these few of us are still here, doing our best.

I played a little in the garden this morning.  God, I'm getting fat from my garden.  I'm 129 lbs stripped naked.  I have a big unattractive middle and the britches that used to fall off me without the help of a belt now fit perfectly.  It's all because of all of the zucchini from one lone plant!  They pretty much have no flavor so you always cook them with pasta or make zucchini full of fattening stuff.  And I feel guilty if I don't use them up.  Now I've got it going on with peppers, both sweet and hot.  Nothing to do with most of them is stuff them with stuff that makes you fat!  Next the many types of tomatoes will start.  My garden has made me strong, but it sure is making me fat!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. I spent all morning out running errands and shopping, etc... I even stopped off at my favorite hair place and got a long overdue haircut. It's been 3 long months....

While out I picked up 3 small hibiscus plants. I find them easy to grow. I just stick them out in the sun and water them and they produce big beautiful flowers throughout the summer.

They say you can bring them inside for the winter and that they will live to bloom again but that part has never worked out for me.

It is steamy hot once again but it probably will start to cool down soon with a cold front approaching. Hopefully no more rain for a couple of days.

Liz is Cristobal anywhere near you? It supposed to make it onshore tomorrow. Be careful if it is.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

They say that we may get winds and heavy rain, or not.  I never worry about the weather because there's nothing I can do about it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Ron, your rockwork is awesome!  Never seen anything like that.  Must be your own design/invention?
Liz, hope your weather isn't too bad.  Watch out for lightening, no sitting out in a lawn chair OK?
Willie, I like Hibiscus too, they never do well over the winter no matter what I do.  I especially like the double flowers.