• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 03:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110

Thursday greeting

Started by Barb, June 04, 2020, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everyone, since I am first one here let me greet you all.  Hot and sunny here, I actually need to water some plants, hard to believe after all the rain lately.  But the heat and all day sun dry them out fast.
Next is watering all my violets indoors, that will take a couple hours to do.  Busy busy.  How are all of you?
Barb

Ron Sower

...HI Barb and the rest as you come aboard!...96 right now and going to 109 today with 10% RH...not really too bad thought with the low RH...plus we do have A/C!!!!...

...gonna clean the floors today and then have friends from Florence up for some Mexican Train and dinner...gotta go now!...have a good day. all!..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb, Ron, Liz and everyone. It is currently 88 degrees and supposed to get up to 89F this afternoon. The humidity is at 43% so it doesn't feel bad to me.

It's too hot for the Kobe though. He doesn't like the heat anymore. I also have the A/C on so it feels really good in the house.

I got up early this morning and was able to get Kobe in and out of the park before the heat set in so that was good. I also ran a couple of errands. Now I am in relax mode.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning everyone.  Ron, you have more fun with friends than anyone I know.

It's sunny and beautiful here today but after the deluge yesterday it's very steamy.  I'm not feeling so much like Wonder Woman like I did yesterday.  I don't mind staying inside in the AC and putzing today.

I need to get the Doctor to renew my prescription for Tramadol.  He must have problems with his phone.  I only have tonight's dose in the bottle and if I can't get him, I'll be up the creak tomorrow morning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 04, 2020, 11:56:04 AM

...Yes, it is an important part of our lives...A major reason we live in a senior community...like our community on here, most of us have been through the same or similar things in our lives and we see the world with a little more wisdom...although Lucy is not certain on that wisdom comment about me!...our differences and interests that we share with each other make our lives more interesting...

...This morning I just spoke to the neighbor next door who had brought his MIL home to be with them in hospice a little over a week ago...I asked how she was and he told me she had died Sunday morning...I shared my sympathy with him and then we continued chatting about this and that...he had retired from a utility company here in Az and moved into our community a couple years ago...between retirement and a few months ago he worked as a ditch-runner!...I never heard of that before...

...Down here there is a huge agriculture business in the desert...big surprize when we first moved here...the fields are laid out in rectangles...the open cement formed irrigation ditches run along the edges of the fields and large pumps send water into them...when the water is flowing there are many 6-8 foot long hoses about 3-4 inches in diameter laying over into the fields with one end in the irrigation ditch siphoning water to flood the fields...the ditch runner is the guy that goes out and moves the siphons into and out of the fields...I'm sure he probably takes care of the huge pumps too...there is a Spanish term for the ditch-runner, but I don't remember it....

...see all these things that I pick up from our friends and neighbors!!! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 04, 2020, 11:56:04 AM

It's sunny and beautiful here today but after the deluge yesterday it's very steamy.  I'm not feeling so much like Wonder Woman like I did yesterday.  I don't mind staying inside in the AC and putzing today.

I need to get the Doctor to renew my prescription for Tramadol. He must have problems with his phone.  I only have tonight's dose in the bottle and if I can't get him, I'll be up the creak tomorrow morning.

I'll be going in on Monday for a refill. As you I had a very rough time with my back over the last couple of months and used up my supply a little faster than usual.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Liz and Willie, hope you get your pain meds.  Pain sucks.
Ron, now I Know what a ditch runner is, but what is Mexican Train?
I wish our neighbors were all as friendly as yours! 
Barb

Ron Sower

...Mexican train is a dominoes game....lotta fun...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I had to google it to find out.
Always move forward. Never look back.