• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 03:06:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 202
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Good morning on an overcast Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, June 03, 2020, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hope everyone is well and happy this morning.  I just got my first 3 gallons of round up sprayed.  Barb, your suggestion about the garden cart sounded good but it made everything much too difficult.  The thing is designed to be carried on your back.  You keep it pumped up with your left hand and spray the hose in with your right.  I can no longer just pick it up from the ground and sling it on my back like I used to before the back.  On the other hand, I'm getting stronger.  2 years ago I could only carry 2 gallons, last year I could carry 3 but it was hard.  This year I can carry 3 and it's easy!  Once it's up there it's well balanced.  My trick for getting it on my back is to lift it on to the on to the tail gate of the truck and but it on from there.

I'm taking a little  break right now because my favorite radio program is on but in a half hour I'll get back on it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. I am in a little bit of a recovery mode this morning but I'll get over it once I hydrate my body.

It is currently 86 degrees and it will get up to 90 making it our first 90+ degree day of the year. After a small storm this morning we may get some T-Storms this afternoon.

Surprisingly it is not very humid at this time. That will change if those storms hit us later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Hi guys and gals...glad you had a good birthday, Willie...wishing you many more!...

...sounds like you go the backpack thing all figured out, Liz...

...I'll be leaving in about an hour to go get some gel shots in my knees...first time trying this stuff...cortizone hasn't been helping much the last couple times...I'll have shots today and then again next week...this is a newer material I guess....the other, they told me, takes a 3-week series of shots...I hope this works for awhile...

...we went yesterday to get the materials we need to paint the rock face of the fireplace in the living room...I think LUcy's gonna start it while i'm ad the doc's and I'll help when I get home...

...so for now, that's it!... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Liz, Willie and Ron!  It has been another elder care day for me and also a cat care day too.  Had to get our 19 lb cat Sadie shaved down.  Cost me $314.  They had to do blood work since she is a senior cat now, 8 yrs. old, before they could fully sedate her for the job.  She is too big and long haired to keep herself clean, even though she tries hard to do it.  Cleaned my pond this morning, took out a ton of algae in the filters and on rocks.  Looks much better now.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Wow Barb, you did a ton of work today. 

I started getting droplets of rain on me when I was spraying my second back pack of round up.  They said scattered thunderstorms for here to I quit.  My neighbor Judy called and asked me if I could groom her other daughter's dog so I did.  Then a paying customer I like a lot called and I did her dog afterward.

It was then that there was a huge clap of thunder,  Thank God the dog was almost ready to go before the downpour started.  My gardens can take it because the mulch keeps the soil moist and open to a deluge.  The heavy rain is gone for now but thunder is still rumbling.  You wouldn't have minded this storm too much because there was no wind.

Ron Sower

...Barb, our friends, Stan and Barb, have a long haired Calico Persian, Maggie, that they have shaved in a modified lion cut. She is so lovable. I sit in a chair over at their home and she jumps up on the back of it and begins licking my hair. I miss having a cat.....Lucy is allergic to their dander.....

...Liz, our Cuisinart convection toaster/fryer oven came today....we looked at many on Amazon and decided in this one...your recommendation had a lot to do with our selection...we look forward to using it....

...well, we got the bottom half of the fireplace primed today...my shoulder is giving me a fit now though after only a couple hours of painting...a little gin and a pill should help me thru it though... I'll tell you, rough sandstone rock is hard to paint and get in all the nooks and crannies!...won't do any tomorrow...got friends from the old hood coming to play Mexican train and have dinner with us...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I hope you love the Cusinart.  Barb fell in love with her right away.  It took me some time to be glad I bought is.  It was a good price on Amazon and I paid for most of it with my Amazon points.