• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 11:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 182
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Hi on Tuesday

Started by Barb, June 02, 2020, 08:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks.  Sunny and nice here for now, I think I heard the word rain on the news this morning though.  I have to take my car into Ford for work this morning.  They will bring me home, then my neighbor will return me to pick it up later on.   I can't leave Bill alone while I sit and wait there, as I would usually do.
I must say I sure am getting a lot of plant work done these days, both indoor and outdoor plants.  I really like staying home these days, no problem at all for me.  Pond work awaits later in the day.  Any of you have a pond?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I've always wanted a pond but never had one.  If I had one I'm sure the dogs would all go swimming in it, come back into the house and shake their wet bodies all over.  I had a dog once that went swimming in the horse's water trough.  That dog was a big PITA for many reasons.

I'm getting going more slowly this morning but I'm ready now to get dressed and finish the mowing,  My next job is one that I dread.  I have to spray roundup.  I have to put that heavy 3 gallon container on my back and walk around with it.  It's not the best thing for my back and I need to fill the damn thing up 3 times to get everything done.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, that container weighs at least 25 lbs!  Don't put that on your back.   Way too heavy for you, especially 3 times. You will damage your back even more.  Why not "carry" that thing in a wheelbarrow or cart?  It will work just fine if you push or pull it as you go.  I hope you wear a mask, that stuff is so dangerous to breath in.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'll try the garden cart thing Barb.  It will save me a lot of pain if I like how it works.

Ron Sower

...AHHHH.... the garden ladies are at work today!...hope you both get everything the way you want it...

...neighbor next door has a guy that's been working on his yard the last couple days...I'm going to get him to do some work for me in our yard too...out in the back where I've been cutting away some arbor vitae branches, he's going to rake out a lot of the needles and litter that has been there over the years...he showed me how to work the irrigation system that was installed when they moved the house in here on the lot...that;s a big help already!...

...Sunday we went to a furniture store to look for end tables for our living room....since we've been here we've been using some nice TV tables...I had mentioned recently that I's like a table with a drawer...BAM!...that was the stimulus to get Miss Lucy's shopping enzymes going!...although it usually doesn't take much! LOL!...they're being delivered this morning in about an hour or so...they'll be nice...

...discovered a foam spray that I won't be using in my re-creations...got it yesterday at HD to use in affixing some rocks to the base of this mountain range I'm working on...it sets up really soft and I need it to be hard to hold the large rocks in place... back to the store...

...I need to get my pain meds today and while we're out we'll get a toaster oven...this new style oven in the kitchen takes forever to heat up...supposed to be energy saving...humph!...

...Willie...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! |^| mim...Hope it's a good one for you...What are you now? 29? 30? ...can't remember! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Barb and I both have the Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven.  We're both very pleased with it.  If you just want a toaster oven I understand the Bienville is the best.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 02, 2020, 02:00:21 PM
Barb and I both have the Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven.  We're both very pleased with it.  If you just want a toaster oven I understand the Bienville is the best.
thanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron