• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

Monday. Up and at 'em

Started by LizStreithorst, June 01, 2020, 07:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's beautiful right now but will go up to 90 later.  I'm going to get as much mowing done as my body will take.  Silly how I get so much satisfaction from a good mow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, I have to congratulate myself.  It's just 9:30 and I got more done that I had intended.  It's only 75 degrees now but still hot as the devil pushing in the sun.  Most of what I did was still shaded, thank God.  I mowed up and down both sides of my long dirt road.  I'm sure it looks like a drunk did it, and it was, but I was perfectly sober at the time.  Every time I came accross a pretty wild flower I mowed around it.  (I couldn't have done that with a rider)  Of course, the wild flowers were growing in grass so there are clumps of grass with a wild flower, some not blooming yet.  I'll be able to get a better look when I drive it in the car.

I'll save the front yard for tomorrow.  It's shady in the morning in the front.  The grass doesn't grow so tall so fast.  It will be a piece of cake.  I'd like to tackle it right now but I know my back would suffer for it.  I guess I'll just play for the rest of the day.

Barb

Mornin' Liz, sounds like a good day for you, mowing then playing.  Enjoy the day!
I am busy as usual, with all the usual, not much fun planned though.  Maybe something will be fun later on as a surprise. 
I am usually a news junkie, but now it is all so horribly depressing and beyond despicable I am trying not to watch much.  Even here in our sweet little city there are problems. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

The black lady at my beer store had a brief chat about this before it got bad.  In answer to something she said, "I hate all this hatred stuff.  I mean, aren't we all the same?"  She said yes and then I left because there was a customer behind me.  I do hate it but the only thing I know to do is treat everyone according to, as Martin Luther King said, the content of their character and vote the way I believe is correct.  It's all very saddening.  No violence here yet, thank God.

Ron Sower

...hello all!...

...it's about 103 here right now...12% RH so it's not so bad...I've been out on the carport in my little work area, setting and gluing stones together...Barb, i believe you were asking about dragonstone...it's a soft mudstone with lots of holes in it like swiss cheese, mostly filled with dirt...it comes from Japan...I break it up, clean the dirt(mud) out of it and glue, screw or dowel the pieces together in different formations...caves and bridges....right now I'm working with some large pieces making a mountain range for a friend...it will go into his 38'' wide 120g tank when I get it finished...it takes several days to work on these formations...cleaning, shaping, gluing, breaking, regluing...I've not done one as large as I am for him...trying new techniques to keep the stones stable...

...all's well here...still playning a lot of cards - 2x a week...playing with my fish, etc,

...hope all are doing well...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hello everyone. It's been a busy day so far for me but the most important part of the day is that my dentist finally got me in to look at my dislodged crown/broken tooth situation.

I had to follow some strict guidelines while there and she was able to clean out the tooth give me a temp until she could get me in for a longer visit.

She also looked at the tooth right above the tooth I lost because I was experiencing pain there. The tooth was ok but was being impacted by another tooth that she filed down.

My mouth is now sore and I'm thinking that a nice shot or two of Crown Royal will calm it down.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

LOL, I'm having a brandy with coffee and heavy cream to help with my hip pain from mowing.  At least that's a good excuse.

My dentist did a great job fixing my missing front teeth.  It actually cost a few hundred dollars less than I was prepared for!