• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:33:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

It's Sunday Once Again

Started by wsantia1, May 31, 2020, 10:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's the last Sunday in May and time to move into the summer months. It seems as though this year is flying by and yet so much has happened since the beginning of it.

In my neck of the woods it is currently 66 degrees and only going up to 71F. The humidity is only 40% so weatherwise we are going to have a beautiful day.

I'm putzing in the fishroom at the moment. I fired up some Hot Mags to clear up some debris on a few of my tanks in preparation of water changes tomorrow.

I will probably  spend some time putzing in my garage also.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning, Willie.  I wonder where the other sleepy heads are?

I've already done WC on the tanks in the office.  I saw a young pair of Neon Rainbows doing the dance just after WC.  The Neon's are my favorite.  I wish I had a tank to put them in in the fish room but I don't.

One load of laundry is hanging out do dry, another is in the machine. Sunday is my big laundry day when I do a lot of dog laundry.  Big Head loves his bed when his bedspread is clean.  I do the rest to keep the bedroom from smelling like dogs.  When they're not outside playing the bed room is their favorite place.

I'm headed out now to finally fix the mower, then I'll run to the grocery store to pick up this and that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 31, 2020, 10:14:34 AM
Morning, Willie.  I wonder where the other sleepy heads are?

I've already done WC on the tanks in the office.  I saw a young pair of Neon Rainbows doing the dance just after WC.  The Neon's are my favorite.  I wish I had a tank to put them in in the fish room but I don't.

One load of laundry is hanging out do dry, another is in the machine. Sunday is my big laundry day when I do a lot of dog laundry.  Big Head loves his bed when his bedspread is clean.  I do the rest to keep the bedroom from smelling like dogs.  When they're not outside playing the bed room is their favorite place.

I'm headed out now to finally fix the mower, then I'll run to the grocery store to pick up this and that.

Hey Liz I see you've already are quite busy. I'm trying to fix the faucet on the sink in the fishroom. The hot water was still flowing after I turned it off. I had to use the shut off valve to turn it off.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Do you know what could be wrong with it to cause it to keep running?  I don't have a clue.

LizStreithorst

I got the mower fixed.  Luckily I was able to lay my hands on 2 17mm and 2 10 mm wrenches.  I have a teleconference on Simply in a few minutes and then I'll be off to the store.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz.  It is a nice day here for a change.  No rain!  Warm and sunny and low humidity, the kind of day I would like for all time.  No need for other seasons.  I did a lot of potted plant work this morning then took Bill for a drive and Taco Bell for lunch.  We sat at the river for awhile.  Now for a nap which I really need.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 31, 2020, 10:31:40 AM
Do you know what could be wrong with it to cause it to keep running?  I don't have a clue.

It needs some kind of ring. I brought the piece to the local hardware store but the one they had was too big. They recommended I check Lowe's. I checked the Lowe's website and they have the whole faucet for $19.99. If they don't have the valve I'll just but a new faucet. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

It's called an 0 ring. Concerning the price of a new one it's not worth the time and money looking for a hard to find yet simple part.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 31, 2020, 05:51:36 PM
It's called an 0 ring. Concerning the price of a new one it's not worth the time and money looking for a hard to find yet simple part.

You are so right about that Liz. If they don't have the valve or O ring, I'll but a simple budget faucet. mim
Willie