• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 07:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

Thrilling Thursday...!

Started by Ron Sower, May 28, 2020, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...HELLO...time for you guys to wake up!...and i thought I was the late one today...

...Cereal was good again today...I sure miss coffee...Wonder if I should try decaf on a regular basis...but the, as someone has said i n the past, why bother? :D :D :D...

...looks like I need to go pee in a cup tomorrow so I can get my pain meds reordered...I don't use that much of them but I will keep doing it so I can have them when I need them...not going to let it happen again that the insurance company says I don't use them often enough to get them refilled...

...happy to say that the RO system is bringing the filtered water down to under 100ppm now...
quite a drop from >900ppm!...

...going to work on some dragon stone later today...friend is coming over and bringing a big bunch of it and I'm going to make him a structure for one of his tanks...it will take 2-6 days to get it done...it's going to be a large one and I'll have to build it layer by layer...it'll be a fun challenge...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You know.  The thought of being forced to pee in a cup to be allowed to get needed pain relief offends me in general.  Thank God I haven't been so bad that I had to resort to that.  YET...

I like to drink.  I like to smoke pot in the evening.  The pot actually helps with the pain which is worse in the afternoon and evening.  I feel like what I do with the drugs I use is none of there damn business.  But if I got so bad that I had to go through that humiliation I'd quit my vices, but not until then.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron and Liz and maybe Willie later.  Another busy day, RFA for Bill this morning, our son and his lovely girlfriend visiting all afternoon with their boxer Rocky.  More rain today OF COURSE.  And for tomorrow and Sat. too.  Maybe Sunday we will have some sun.
Ron, what is dragonstone?  I like that name.  Do you have a pic of some of it?
Liz, glad you have ways to help your pain.  Chronic pain is so hard to deal with.  Wish there was more to help Bill.  Most have no effect on him.  Even morphine made him sick.
More elder care tomorrow for me, my mom at 2 appts.  Eyes then feet.
Anyone got any good fish news to post here?  My discus and angels are all great.  So are my Lime Green Endlers and Blue shrimp and goldfish and 1 Koi.  These are all the fish I keep now.
Barb

LizStreithorst

As far as this thrilling Thursday when I got up and went outside early, I found my Bielefelder rooster on the ground, dead.  I was stunned and depressed.  At first I thought that it was that damn coyote that I saw stalking my pullets.  It put me in a terrible mood.  Then as I was sweeping and dusting for a customer that was coming at 11, I realized that it was an internal injury a week ago.  These Bielefelders roost in a tree.  They only go in their lovely house to eat so there's nothing I can do about it.  There are a lot of chickens in that tree when they go to roost.  Sometimes they get knocked off, fly to the ground and fly up in the tree again.

I saw my rooster get knocked off a week ago.  He hit the ground with a belly flop.  It was funny!  I laughed!  He must have been injured internally.  I noticed him not running up for the daily treat I gave him.  I understood the truth when I found him dead.  If it had been the coyote he'd have snagged him and taken him to the woods.  Coyotes have a hard life.  They are never fat.  Hunting is hard work.  If he had killed that rooster he'd have taken him off and eaten him.

Then I had a customer that stays and chats while I do his dog.  We tell one another about stuff going on with us.  He helped lighten my mood.  But it will be a hard emotional time for me until tomorrow.  No cock a doodle do for me this year.

wsantia1

Hey everyone. I looked around here this morning and then got busy so I now that I finished WCs and set my main computer back up I am all good. Now I just have to tweak the configuration a little.

It was a cloudy and humid day but it was a good day. The rain moves in tonight and we will have on and off showers through tomorrow evening.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 28, 2020, 03:52:51 PM
As far as this thrilling Thursday when I got up and went outside early, I found my Bielefelder rooster on the ground, dead.  I was stunned and depressed.  At first I thought that it was that damn coyote that I saw stalking my pullets.  It put me in a terrible mood.  Then as I was sweeping and dusting for a customer that was coming at 11, I realized that it was an internal injury a week ago.  These Bielefelders roost in a tree.  They only go in their lovely house to eat so there's nothing I can do about it.  There are a lot of chickens in that tree when they go to roost.  Sometimes they get knocked off, fly to the ground and fly up in the tree again.

I saw my rooster get knocked off a week ago.  He hit the ground with a belly flop.  It was funny!  I laughed!  He must have been injured internally.  I noticed him not running up for the daily treat I gave him.  I understood the truth when I found him dead.  If it had been the coyote he'd have snagged him and taken him to the woods.  Coyotes have a hard life.  They are never fat.  Hunting is hard work.  If he had killed that rooster he'd have taken him off and eaten him.

Then I had a customer that stays and chats while I do his dog.  We tell one another about stuff going on with us.  He helped lighten my mood.  But it will be a hard emotional time for me until tomorrow.  No cock a doodle do for me this year.

Sorry about your rooster Liz. Is that the only Bielefelder rooster you had. I saw a picture and it it is a beautiful looking bird. I don't know anything about raising chickens.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

He was the only one.  I'll be over it tomorrow.  There was nothing could have done.

Barb

Sorry Liz.  At least it wasn't a fox or coyote who got him.  Will the females miss him or react any certain way without a male?
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Barb.  I'm fine again today.  In the grand scheme of things loosing my rooster is not a big deal.  I can't believe that it colored my entire day black.  The pullets don't even notice he's gone.  I won't get any fewer eggs once they get to breeding age.  They just won't be fertile, and I'll miss the cock-a-doodle-do.