• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:06:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 113
Total: 114

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, May 27, 2020, 06:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Willie, Liz and Ron!  I have another busy day coming up as usual.  Our son and his girlfriend are coming for a short visit with their boxer Rocky who is an old man now. I have to take my mom for her first outing to get her hair done professionally, I have been washing it for her for 3 mo. Then get her groceries which I take in for her.   I have some garden club friends who are having a picnic outside I would like to go to.  And taking care of Bill will be first.  Hope you all have a good day.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz, Ron and everyone else. It is currently 63 degrees and going up to a high of 75 this afternoon.

The humidity level is at 97%. Ron, imagine if you had this humidity out there with your temps.We also have high grass pollen count so I have to see what effect that will have on Kobe and me.

The guy is coming at noon to fix my siding so I am looking forward to that. It should be a quick job.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Its raining and will rain all day.  I love a good excuse for not fixing my mower.  I have the dentist later this morning.  It should just be an in and out fast kind of thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hello all...

...95 now and 8%...104 later on...   Willie, a major reason we didn't move back to my home state of VA or into NC was due to humidity on the east coast...I grew up with it and didn't know any different then...today I do!...If we had that humidity here, I'd be inside day and night.. wfwf

...had my cereal and it was a good bowl today! |eat|...and then took care of some insurance payments...

...Watched a movie, The Wrong Missy, on Netflix last night with David Spade...funny as heck!...he ends up with a really freaky-funny girlfriend...Spade actually played the straight guy in this comedy...It has a "Hollywood Fairy Tale" ending...good for a bunch of laughs...

...going to get my new membranes today I hope...if I do, I'll replace the spent ones and start filling the retainer barrel with RO water to make a cichlid tank WC tonight or tomorrow...

...Barb, the garden club sounds interesting...do you trade or auction plants at the meetings?...that would be fun like in aquarium club meetings...  ;D

...And Liz, any reason is a good reason not to do mechanical work in my opinion! ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Ron, in the Fall and then again in Spring we have what we call a plant exchange.  We all try to bring things like whole plants, cuttings,seeds, bulbs, etc.  You take and you bring, it all works out well.  No $$ involved.  Once a year, sometimes twice we have a booth at the Farmer's Mkt where we sell arrangements we have made.  Usually at Christmas and Mother's Day.  These are club fundraisers.  My club has about 25 members.  I agree with you about humidity.  I have lived in it since 1971.  But I did live in Idaho which was dry and I loved it.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 27, 2020, 09:04:39 AM
Its raining and will rain all day.  I love a good excuse for not fixing my mower.  I have the dentist later this morning.  It should just be an in and out fast kind of thing.

I still haven't been able to get into my dentist. I had an appointment on the 5th that was canceled due ti Covid-19. Haven't been able to reschedule it yet. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

They're very busy but since you had an an appointment cancelled because of the virus I'm sure they'll get you in before people calling for a new appointment.  They only allow one patent in the office at a time at my place and take your temp and ask you all the silly questions about overseas travel, etc. before you are allowed in the door.
Always move forward. Never look back.