• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 09:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

happy Tuesday everyone!

Started by LizStreithorst, May 26, 2020, 09:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I don't have much to do today.  We're supposed to have scattered thunderstorms today but nothing so far.  I hadn't been out to the garden for a couple of days.  I thought that my zucchini that was too small two days ago would be just right to pic today.  Instead I got 2 that got so big I'll probably feed them to the snots.  They'll have a party.  I got two that are just right for cooking.  They will make a nice lunch sauteed in butter with the red onion I bought.  I'll have them alongside a hot Cajun sausage with fancy Dijon mustard.

When I went to the fish room I think I caught the Millennium Rainbows doing their thing.

I dug my naked lady bulbs that my friend Felder gave me several years ago.  They came from his great grandmother's garden.  I got lots of them so I'll share with my neighbor up the road.  Pass-along plants are so cool.

I have a dog in a few minutes.  After that I'll try to fix the lawn mower.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

....I'm up and at 'em....how about you guys?....Liz, you sound industrious today...

...looks like we have 86 degrees and 5% RH now and it's going to 99...my weather app alway shows lower temps predicted than the local stations on TV predict...for instance, locals are predicting later this week we'll have one or more days of 110 or over...my computer weather app shows no more than a high of 106 this week...go figure... huh wfwf

...think I'll go over and get my knees xrayed today...I'll get gel shots in them next Tuesday...then I'll scoot by the landscaping company that was closed Sunday and see if they have any sandstone pieces I can use...

...I got my blue neos into their tank the other day...I have it so loaded with leaf matter etc. that they are hard to see...but they are a really solid dark blue...the tangerine eye blue tigers aren't out much so far...the are in the tank with my Bloody Marys...the tigers are Caridina so they won't interbreed and destroy the color line....

...and I did get the RO sytem leaks all stopped yesterday...I was too thin with the Teflon tape! :-X
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Liz and Ron, it is always good to hear how my

Hi Liz and Ron, it is always good to hear how my
" Mug family" is doing.  Liz, what are those bulbs??  Send me a couple some day?  Your lunch sounds wonderful, I would definitely enjoy that lunch.  Ron, do you have some pics of those new shrimp you have?  My new blues from Liz are so cute and several berried females will soon increase my bunch of them.  I love to watch them up close with a magnifying glass, they are fascinating!

Bill is getting another RFA on his back Thurs. Is yours working well Ron?  He also gets shots into each knee every few mo. for extreme knee pain, not from arthritis.  The cortisone shot into his hip last week has helped.
Barb :)

Barb

Sorry, don't know what happened above...

LizStreithorst

They're called Naked Ladies, Barb.  They have foliage that looks like it might be monkey grass that dies down in the late spring.  That's when you can dig and divide them.  In the late summer/early fall a beautiful red flower shoots up as if from nowhere.  They are cool plants with a stunning red flower.

Next time I have a bunch that needs dividing of course I'll send you some.  Felder loves having stuff from his grand mother and great grand mother spread around to others.  He'll be happy when I tell him.

Barb

Thanks Lis, those sound like Lycoris, spider lilies.  We have them here, never heard your name for them, that is cute.  Here we call them New Bern Spider Lilies.  In the 1700's a famous traveler from far away brought a few to a friend here.  New Bern was founded in 1710, and it was soon after that they came here.  I only have 2 bunches, I would love some from Felder's grandma from long ago!
Barb

LizStreithorst

They are Lycoris, Lycoris radiate.  Other Lycoris come in many other colors.  These are only red.  The flower only looks line the one in this pic.  (look and see how much this place gets for just one single bulb!)  It's hard to believe, but true.
https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/BLYRE.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SVXventIjzGO5mEFLYwiqj3Yane7ygctzFMkZZZuviFODgAbhjCEfBoCA7gQAvD_BwE

wsantia1

Hi everyone. I'm late to the party again. I was out and about running errands and I sold some Plat P/S youngsters to one of my aquarium club buddies. That and taking Kobe out for a few walks plus putzing with my computer has made this day fly by.

It is currently 73 degrees with 75% humidity here and we still have a 20% chance of rain. That means we won't get any.

I'm glad everyone is doing good today. Hopefully it stays that way. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I haven't been as productive as Ron thought and I hoped.  After gabbing with my neighbor it was time for lunch and then to rest my back, and suddenly it's WC time and all I have left is WC, giving the chickens their treat, and feeding the old mare.  All things considered, it's been a lovely day.

Barb

Yes, those are the exact ones we have here.  At $8 a bulb, there are millions of dollars worth right here in New Bern!  There are thousands of them in the big cemetery downtown that was begun in the 1700s.

LizStreithorst

Imagine that...Getting 8 bucks for something that you can mark and dig when it dies down.  I guess they wouldn't sell them if people didn't buy them huh.  I don't know how long it will be until the ones I've saved will be reproduce to the extent they will need dividing.  But when I have them, I'll send them to you.