• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 06:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 141
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

Memorial Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 25, 2020, 08:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'll be thinking of our veterans who have lost their lives, and the family members and friends of the dead in so many of our wars.

We had unexpected thunder storms and winds last night.  Not a lot of rain but it cooled the temperature down last night and so far this morning.  I've been out mowing while it's still cool.  Of course it will heat back up this afternoon.  I will not knock myself out this time.  I've done the front and taking a short break.  In a minute I'll do the side lawn which is way overgrown.  That will be enough for today.  I need to run to town for beer and nicotine then I'll come home, pick my big fine delicious blueberries and sit on my backside.

What are the rest of you folks up to?
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well rats.  I had to quit with most of the side lawn mowed.  I need to tighten my clutch cable.  One adjustment is as tight as it will go.  To get to the other I need to take of a wheel and turn the mower on it's side.  I sure hope that adjustment isn't as tight as it will go.  If it is, I'll have to order one.  This machine was made in China, so what with the virus and the huge tariffs who knows if one will even be available. 

I don't want to work on it now.  I'm hot and sweaty and didn't bargain for a repair job this early.  Besides, the sun is already shining on part of the area I'm cutting.  It will be blasting down like a torch by the time I get done.  I'm going to enjoy myself now.

Ron Sower

...morning, Liz, and others as you check in...

...got the rest of my parts for RO system yesterday and connected it just to get the flow sequence right...today I'm gonna take it apart and teflon tape all the connections and mount it onto a board so I can hang it in the closet workspace...first I gotta paint the board...

...temp will get to the 96 range today...RH is currently 6%, so it will probably drop as the day goes on...with humidity this low I can't even fog my glasses with my breath to wipe them clean...!   That was one of the biggest surprises to me when we first moved into AZ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good afternoon Liz and Ron.  I have lots of late veterans in my family to remember today.  My grandfather, on my dad's side, was a young medical student in Baltimore when he signed up to go off to WWI in June 1917.  I just found his registration card online at myheritage.com where I am a member.  I also remember my late brother David, who was a Marine. Bill has late cousins who served.  And our son was in the Coast Guard and my Bill served 20 yrs. in the USAF.  I have our flag flying proudly today.  It is hot and sunny out there,  may go do some gardening in a bit.  You all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon everybody. I don't have any family that was lost in the military but I did have a couple of friends that I served with that didn't make it back. My thought are with all who have given the ultimate and their families.

It was cloudy here today and the temps got up to 70 degrees this after. A light breeze made it very comfortable.

I had some leftover baby back ribs that I cooked in the airfryer yesterday for dinner. They were quite good for my first time cooking them like that. May try them again soon. It was a lot easier and quicker than cooking them on the grill.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...got the new RO set up and running...need to get membranes...the old ones are toast....I'm running 2 membranes for more filtered water and less waste water per gallon of filtered...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

excellent.  You'll be up and running soon.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 25, 2020, 04:37:14 PM
excellent.  You'll be up and running soon.
...watching for any leaks now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I haven't repaired the mower.  It's still too hot, it rained so it's steamy and I'm not in the mood.

I didn't move the Millennium Rainbow Fish until this morning.  I tried yesterday but they got wise to me.  It's a heavily planted 125.  Once they're on to you they have lots of hiding places.  They seem to be rather frisky this afternoon, but I didn't see them getting down to it.  I think it was just foreplay.  Generally they like to spawn in the morning so I'll be watching closely after I get up and go feed.