• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 04:47:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139

Good Morning Sunday

Started by wsantia1, May 24, 2020, 06:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I don't know where yesterday went. I know I looked around in here for a moment in the morning and intended to come back but things got in the way

Anyway it is currently 55 degrees and cloudy with what I would call a cool mist in the air. Unlike yesterday when we had on and off T-Storms most of the day, we will be a lot dryer and cooler with a 68 degree high.

This morning I have to get down to Home Depot to pick up some shelving I ordered last week. I also have to finalize the rebuild of my main computer today. I have it done but I have to install an operating system and run some tests on it to make sure everything is stable.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, looks like you will have a good day up there.  It is not raining today, that comes back in a couple days, but now we are hot and humid.  84 today and about that in humidity.  Summer is here I guess.  I hope to do some garden work today in the areas that aren't too soggy.  Lots of planters to work on, get rid of pansies and put in other flowers.   planted the pansies last Oct.  They bloom all winter here.

On a fishy note, yesterday I bought a new shower curtain, vinyl with fish on it.  I thought they were all salt water fish, about 12 kinds, and there in the midst of all the salty fish was a discus!  A red/orange variety.  Mixed right in with the rest.  Kind of funny I thought.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, friends.  I'm late as usual.  I groomed the worlds nicest lady's dog this morning.  I'll make another post about this lady and her dog.  She brought me an apple cake, some chocolate chip cookies, fig preserves, and a jelly of some kind.  All home made, of course, as well as a cucumber and various peppers from her garden.  She left with her little dog that I will never charger her for grooming, a decent professional quality brush is so expensive that all the chains only sell the cheap knockoff of and a bouquet of my beautiful Iris.  I believe that she left with the same warm feeling inside that I had.  I love giving gifts on days that are not designed for gift giving.

Since the black and gold Rams left for the LPS I have an empty 29.  I'll scoop up some plants from my overgrown planted tanks and give the thank to my pair Millennium  Rainbow pair.  They a beautiful blood red.

Now I'm warming up lunch.  That chicken noodle soup I made is sure good.

It's going up to 90 today and it's humid as all get-out.  When I go outside again it will be for fun not for physical labor.

I wonder what Ron has going on?

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

....and a good day to all of you...

...right now it is 86 out there with 6% RH...going to go into low 90s today....but Wednesday it'll be in the low 100s...

...there is a place behind our house that has Large spread out arbor vitae growing...there is a space amongst them that we places a large outdoor table...I went out there and just sat and listened to  and watched the birds and just enjoyed the peace...there is a dove nesting in there and she/he kept an eye on me the whole time...

...I had 3 large trash bags full of bubble wrap and kraft paper left over from our move here laying out there...I decided to go thru them and keep what was good and toss the rest...that's done now...so I have a golf cart trip to the recycle dumpsters in store for me today...! ;D ;D

...yesterday Stan and I went to one of our sponsor LFS to meet a friend with orange eyed blue tiger shrimp for me...nice store....mostly saltwater...The shrimp are really nice...I traded him one of my dragonstone recreations...I gave him a choice of 3 and he picked the one I like least...funny how we all look at things differently!...oh well...in the eye of the beholder!...

...then we drove on up to Peoria and I traded another friend some plants and bloody mary shrimp for some solid blue neos...they have really dark color too...beautiful...he wasn't there but had left the shrimp by his door...his wife and family are still quarantining pretty seriously...

...gonna make a run out today to a landscaping supply company to see if I can find some flat sandstone to work with and then to Harbor Freight to see if I can find a cheap saw I can cut the dragonstone with...

...you guys have a great rest of your day... |^| 8) 8)

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It sounds like the gentlemen here have had a lovely day so far, as have I.  I hope Barbs day has turned into a joyful one.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, not joyful but at least OK.  I have to settle for OK most days now.  Could be worse than OK, for sure.  It is sunny and hot now.