• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 141
Total: 142

Happy Rainy Friday

Started by wsantia1, May 22, 2020, 09:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's Friday and the rain just moved into this town. Hopefully it left Barb's neighborhood for a while. It is currently 62 degrees and raining with zero wind for now.

On good note I heard from the owner of the siding company/contractor that installed my siding and after I sent him some pictures he agreed with me that it looks like a workmanship issue. He also agreed to replace it for me under his very vague warranty. I was very happy about that.

I then called the contractor that I hired to do the job and he fully refunded me the advanced payment I gave him.

Right now things are a little slow here so I am sitting in the basement/fishroom listening to Miles Davis and watching the fish. I would be working on getting things organized down here but I feel as though my back is trying to act up again so I decided not to do anything. I think the weather may be causing the tightness? huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, it is sunny here today, and I see the rain I sent you has finally arrived up there.  Enjoy it!  Glad to hear your siding issue is getting taken care of better than you thought it would.  Be sure to take care of your back, take it easy for as long as necessary.

My day so far has been just elder care, hours of Bill and my mom.  Now at almost 3pm I can sit for awhile.  It sure is good to see the sun after 6 days without it. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Willie and who ever else shows up.  It's still sunny here and hot and humid.  This might mark the end of a long wonderful Spring and the start of the Mississippi summer where if you have outside work to do, you'd better get up early.  If is stays hot I'll be giving myself a hair cut.  It's hard doing the back with a mirror, but I've gotten pretty good at it over the years.

You sure manage to get what you feel you deserve, Willie.  Congrats on having the siding issue fixed for free.  Good Job!!!

Glad the sun finally came out for you, Barb.

I went to the Pet Palace with black rams, gold rams, red platy's, 25 regular and albino snots, red shrimp, blue shrimp and 3 very nice Anubis. The 3 dozen eggs and some zucchini from my garden were gifts.   Ken added  up what he owed me for these and the others I'd taken them earlier and I got $300. I was stunned and delighted.  Twee has totally recovered from the virus and looking great.  I hadn't seen her in over a month.  She has the worlds kindness heart.  I told her that if we were allowed to give hugs I'd hug her.  I miss the hell out of friendly hugs.

Of course I spent $100. at the feed store as usual but for once it didn't hurt. My feed store is going to close for good in about 3 weeks.  It breaks my heart.  I've used them for so long they've become like friends.  I sure will miss them.  I felt sorry for the black guys that work in the back who have been loading my feed.  Some of them have worked there for years.  If I could have tossed them more I would have, but I gave them $20. to split between the two main ones.  With this virus it's an awful time for an unskilled worker to go looking for a job.  Nobody ever tips them and you know they work for minimum wage which is nothing.  To them $10 bucks each was a big deal.  They were very appreciative.  Made me feel soft and warm inside.

I don't have anything else to do for the rest of the day except regular animal stuff and enjoying myself.  One of these days I'm going to have to get my ass in gear and push the mower for a day or two.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thanks for the compliment ladies. It sure poured down pretty heavy for a couple of hours in the afternoon after light rain in the morning. Once it stopped raining it got really humid.

I got a chance to dump Kobe in the utility tub for a bath. He was pretty ripe today. I'm thinking I need to get him in there about once a week. When he was younger he never smelled but then again I have a lousy sense of smell. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.