• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:00:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 168
Total: 169

Thursday and still raining

Started by Barb, May 21, 2020, 08:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Yes, still pouring.  Almost nonstop for the last 4 days.  All my French drains I dug are working well, the water is all flowing away from the house, and pond overflow.  Otherwise we would be in trouble now.  All this part of the state is flat as a pancake so water has to be directed away, sometimes it works sometimes not.  Hope you all have a good day.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb. Sorry to hear it is still pouring rain out there. It is currently 62 degrees  and sunny here but the rain moves in tonight and it looks like it will be here most of tomorrow and Saturday.

I still haven't heard back from the siding repair guy. The siding is under warranty and it should be covered because the max winds on Tuesday was 40 mph. It's supposed to be covered up to 65 mph then they have an "Act of God" exclusion. huh

Since my house is passed the builder's warranty period I have to deal with the contractor directly. I am getting the builder involved in this issue since they are still building homes here and I am sure they don't want my house looking like crap while they are still trying to sell.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

First I want to ask you for forgiveness.  I've been MIA and it's not because I've had any action.  It's because except for mowing, which I continue to put off, I've just been enjoying my retirement and being able to sit around and enjoy my gardens and fish and dogs and chickens and horse all day long.

Willie, you amaze me with your ability to fight for what you are due and deal with people and red tape stuff.  For me, that would be a fate worse than death, regardless of the money it brought me.

Sorry about all the rain, Barb.  I remember that when my husband Larry and I first moved to the house he built out here on the land we bought, we had solid rain for a full 11 days.  After a week it started to get both of us down.

My friend April agreed to adopt the Lavender Orpington pullet that I fear will be killed by a critter here.  The human April at least is able to lock her chickens up at night which is great protection.  She lets them run free during the day which is good for the chickens.  The chicken April has a better chance of not being killed with her than with me.

Tomorrow I take fish to the fish store and Saturday I have a dog.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 21, 2020, 03:57:29 PM
First I want to ask you for forgiveness.  I've been MIA and it's not because I've had any action.  It's because except for mowing, which I continue to put off, I've just been enjoying my retirement and being able to sit around and enjoy my gardens and fish and dogs and chickens and horse all day long.

Willie, you amaze me with your ability to fight for what you are due and deal with people and red tape stuff.  For me, that would be a fate worse than death, regardless of the money it brought me.

Sorry about all the rain, Barb.  I remember that when my husband Larry and I first moved to the house he built out here on the land we bought, we had solid rain for a full 11 days.  After a week it started to get both of us down.

My friend April agreed to adopt the Lavender Orpington pullet that I fear will be killed by a critter here.  The human April at least is able to lock her chickens up at night which is great protection.  She lets them run free during the day which is good for the chickens.  The chicken April has a better chance of not being killed with her than with me.

Tomorrow I take fish to the fish store and Saturday I have a dog.

Liz, that's what retirement is about. As long as you are happy doing what you love go for it.

As for my siding issue I found myself a contractor that gave me a sweet price but they won't be able to do it until next Friday. That's OK with me. Because of this virus all of the contractors are super busy.

My builder told me I would have to pay for the repair either way. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.