• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Good Sunday morning

Started by Barb, May 17, 2020, 08:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Warm and sunny here, now we are waiting for our first storm of the season to hit us tomorrow.  Arthur.  And our storm season doesn't even start until June 1.  But we do need rain.  Just not wind.  40 mph they say so far.  Have a good day you all.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I saw on the radar that you are getting hit.  You sure will get the rain!  4" they say...

We're supposed to have thunder storms all day long.  It hasn't hit yet, but as soon as it does I'll be working inside.  As usual, I've been putting off the house work.

I wonder what the rest of the crew has going on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz and everyone. Yes it is a cool Sunday. It is currently 60 degrees, cloudy and breezy here. They say we have a 10% chance of rain but it sure feels like more. The sun is supposed to peek out at around 1 pm when the forecast will changes to partly cloudy.

Today I will be moving some fish around and the computer I am currently typing this on will go back in the fishroom. I will also start prepping for a rebuild of my main computer now that I have all of the parts in.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I've been lazy as dirt today.  I don't care.

I picked 2 more zucchinis.  The first I picked yesterday and put in a beef vegetable soup.  I'll make a stir fry with cabbage and carrots with these.

Looked  at chickens which will only go in their house to eat their chicken food.  Mostly they are out foraging.  At night they roost in a holly tree.  Poor tree is filled with chickens.  I should put something under it so I can collect their droppings for the compost heap.

Did 4 loads of laundry and folded a huge pile that was waiting for me.  Watched fish.  Now I'm ready to get out of my pajamas. 

Ron Sower

I thought I'd written something yesterday (Sunday)...I forgot to click on "Post"...

...good afternoon guys and gals...

...started later this morning...cleared emails and messages...raked up a few leaves and tree debris in the yard...I have a leaf vac ordered to arrive thursday for sucking up the small stuff out of the gravel and stones that cover the lawn...grass not allowed (thankfully)...

...I watched some videos about RO set ups...my water is coming out at about the same TDS as going in...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You need a new membrane and new carbon filter.  It's a good idea to add another canister with a 2nd carbon filter.  It's what I have.  Do you have an in-line TDS meter.  If you have, and check the water before and after it gets to the membrane, if it the product water starts going up a point of 2 in TDS it's time to change out the carbon filter.  With 2 carbons you can change just one at a time.  I've found a wealth of information on the Bulk Reef Supply website.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 18, 2020, 01:20:07 PM
You need a new membrane and new carbon filter.  It's a good idea to add another canister with a 2nd carbon filter.  It's what I have.  Do you have an in-line TDS meter.  If you have, and check the water before and after it gets to the membrane, if it the product water starts going up a point of 2 in TDS it's time to change out the carbon filter.  With 2 carbons you can change just one at a time.  I've found a wealth of information on the Bulk Reef Supply website.
...One of my friends in the club is giving me guidance on this...which I desperately need!...he sent me to Gulf Reef too!... He runs 2 carbon filters...so guess I will definitely move in that direction...! ....I'm building an Amazon order now! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

LOL.  My mentor who sent me to BRS as well as offering advise was a guy on Simply named Tom.  User name is Coralbandit.  He sells his excellent home bred fish on Aquabid under the same user name.